Pics of your team carts/trailers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2010
Lets see some pictures of your team trailers, carts and portable boom boxes. Would like to look at some of the carts especially to get some ideas for one of our own.

thanks in advance

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Boomboxes are despised by most serious players, coaches, parents, tournament officials, neighbors, and dogs. It is often a tell-tale sign of near rec level teams. You might not be one, but you may be regarded as one if you have a boombox. Personally, Id just as soon kick in the speakers of one as ask the fool to turn it off. You are infringing on the auditory rights of every other team and parent in the area, and are too inconsiderate to care.

There isnt much you need that you cant carry. Two buckets, a few net sacks with foam balls for warmups. Have the parents handle a cooler if needed. Believe it or not, they come with wheels. You have a dozen girls and a couple of coaches to carry a few items. Why is a cart needed? Extra stuff is just that..extra stuff. As in most things, the more amateurish or "wanna-be" the person, the more useless crap they have and haul around. K.I.S.S.

The first rule in coaching, is that it is the athletes game, you are just there to be the coach. They carry the gear, they get it out, they put it away, they clean up, they take care of the field,etc. Require them to help with stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2010
Boomboxes are despised . . . .

Although, I know a few good teams that have em - I can't stand em. Maybe that's why they use em. How about the pre-recorded announcements for the line-up and batting order - that crack's me up.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The best HS program in Tucson has a "professional" announcer and playlists on an ipod. The games are very professional. People really get involved. All D1 games and MLB games have music. I encourage the girls to use music and their ipods.

I had a picture on here somewhere of the lightweight collapsable wagon from Ace Hardware, that I use.

Nov 29, 2009
The first rule in coaching, is that it is the athletes game, you are just there to be the coach. They carry the gear, they get it out, they put it away, they clean up, they take care of the field,etc. Require them to help with stuff.

This is exactly my thought processes when it comes to the athletes. I tell them all up front I do not want to see ANY parents carrying their gear. The only exception is catchers if they are short on room in their bags. 99% of the parents LOVE the idea. I also have another rule that I make clear to the kids. They are responsible for the contents of their bags. The words "My mom" and "MY dad." do apply when it comes to the contents of their bag. I've had kids sit because they've forgotten spikes, gloves or other necessary equipment.

I caught a girl one time after a game whose dad was carrying her bag. The next team activity I made her carry every one of the team's equipment bags to their cars one at time. No one ever let their parents carry anything of theirs again.

Jul 26, 2010
It's travel ball. At serious levels, the girls will be flying at least 2-3 times a year. Rule of thumb is to never use equipment at a tournament that you wouldn't be able to take with you on a plane. That includes carts/wagons. One of the coaches in my org had a nice metal "off road" wagon. I gave my girls permission to spray paint it pink. He still uses it for local tournaments. It's still pink.

-W

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
This is exactly my thought processes when it comes to the athletes. I tell them all up front I do not want to see ANY parents carrying their gear. The only exception is catchers if they are short on room in their bags. 99% of the parents LOVE the idea. I also have another rule that I make clear to the kids. They are responsible for the contents of their bags. The words "My mom" and "MY dad." do apply when it comes to the contents of their bag. I've had kids sit because they've forgotten spikes, gloves or other necessary equipment.

I caught a girl one time after a game whose dad was carrying her bag. The next team activity I made her carry every one of the team's equipment bags to their cars one at time. No one ever let their parents carry anything of theirs again.

Wooooo! I really like that one.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
The best HS program in Tucson has a "professional" announcer and playlists on an ipod. The games are very professional. People really get involved. All D1 games and MLB games have music. I encourage the girls to use music and their ipods.

I had a picture on here somewhere of the lightweight collapsable wagon from Ace Hardware, that I use.

Dont get me started on the ridiculous HS teams that play 15 sec of very loud, distorted, annoying music whenever they have a chance..... It seems so ridiculous too with 20 people in the stands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207