PGF vs Alliance (provocative but sincere questions)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
If you don't want to worry about weather, sign your kid up for an indoor sport. DD has yet to have an AAU bball rained out (but they do charge 10 bucks for my 7 YO to go watch 1 game..)

Everybody wants good tournaments in their backyard but only 1 segment of the softball population argues that their backyard is the best situation for everybody..

Jun 29, 2014
We've played in Alliance and PGFs and honestly great competition in both. Our org loves how the Alliance format mimics the college playoff structure. Not going to lie the umps were a little rough in Indy last summer. Definitely pluses and minuses to both.

Jun 8, 2016
Haha, i will take dry 107 over that humidity any day.
The problem with you guys is you leave your air-conditioned car/hotel..Then again I think I was in the AC car for 5+ hours on an 100+ day one time (was actually for an AAU bball tournament) and almost ran out of gas just sitting there..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The problem with you guys is you leave your air-conditioned car/hotel..Then again I think I was in the AC car for 5+ hours on an 100+ day one time (was actually for an AAU bball tournament) and almost ran out of gas just sitting there..
My parents did it for me, so I do it for my girls.

Oct 4, 2018
This is not my DD's team schedule, but a schedule for a rival Atlanta-based team. As you can see, it's all about PGF down here:

1675788453791.png

Apr 8, 2019
This is not my DD's team schedule, but a schedule for a rival Atlanta-based team. As you can see, it's all about PGF down here:

View attachment 27351
At this point, I see Alliance as just a burgeoning alternative to PGF. It isn't really an either/or situation in most cases. My DD plays for a team where they are essentially obligated to play in Alliance tournaments for national competitions. There have only been conflicts in scheduling for the big national events like the championships. The rest of the year, they play in whatever tournaments have the best competition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles