PGF vs Alliance (provocative but sincere questions)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2023
There was a Surf City event in AZ two weeks ago.
Yeah conversations from that were still in my phone. Then following last blast live stream on YouTube wandered into player video of that Surf City Event.
With both alliance and pgf having top teams entered location and cost should be more relevant than the hosting name of the event.

Jun 8, 2016
With both alliance and pgf having top teams entered location and cost should be more relevant than the hosting name of the event.
Agreed..as long as you include travel cost into the equation as well. Not everybody lives in CA or AZ..Weather is pretty good in the Northeast in Aug. How about we put a Nationals in the Boston area? My father has never seen my DD play..I would be down for that.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Agreed..as long as you include travel cost into the equation as well. Not everybody lives in CA or AZ..Weather is pretty good in the Northeast in Aug. How about we put a Nationals in the Boston area?
If you can find good enough fields in relative proximity, I'm game. NE Finest is played on garbage fields spread out over 70 miles.

Jun 8, 2016
If you can find good enough fields in relative proximity, I'm game. NE Finest is played on garbage fields spread out over 70 miles.
Shush...you are ruining my antagonism..

I would go regardless. Like I said my father has never seen my DD play and I would get some seafood that isn't frozen.. There are enough college fields in the Boston area that they should be able to utilize those if they were willing to pay. You could probably get to 10 fields just by hopping on the T...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Shush...you are ruining my antagonism..

I would go regardless. Like I said my father has never seen my DD play and I would get some seafood that isn't frozen..
Oh, sorry...

I would rather do NE Finest than PGF. Yes, I know the P5 schools will be at one and not the other, but it's my hope my daughter will be committed by then anyway.

Jun 8, 2016
Oh, sorry...
Don't let it happen again.. 😂

In all honesty hopping on a plane (by necessity..not choice) to play a tournament, to me, should be a once (maybe twice) a year thing. I realize that really is a limitation for NE teams but if a kid wants to go to school across the country they would be better served saving that money to travel to that school's camp(s). That coupled with sending them videos,etc should be enough to get them recruited.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Don't let it happen again.. 😂

In all honesty hopping on a plane (by necessity..not choice) to play a tournament, to me, should be a once (maybe twice) a year thing. If a kid wants to go to school across the country they would be better served saving that money to travel to that school's camp(s). That coupled with sending them videos,etc should be enough to get them recruited.
We have four plane flights this summer. Two of them involve IDT and PGF, so the cost is quite high.

I knew what I was signing up for in the fall, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. It's my hope the new recruiting rules shutdown the major travel for her senior year.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This has nothing to do with PGF vs Alliance. DD played in the JO Cup in St. Louis in 2018. I thought the Chesterfield complex was nice and we had a good time checking out the local attractions. Weather was in 80's. We have been lucky throughout the years with weather. 80's in Atlanta, 80's in Fort Worth. But not so lucky with 100's in Perris, CA, 100's in Austin.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414