PGF vs Alliance (provocative but sincere questions)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2015
I could be wrong (won't be the first time..) but I don't think they play PGF events anymore..at least not the good Batbusters teams.

Have to catch those teams at TCS nationals, because they are gone come PGF. Seems like all the best socal teams play Alliance now. Not Socal A’s Richardson, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2021
Very true that there are definitely organizations that simply do not cross the PGF/Alliance boundary. Batbusters is one. I think Corona Angels is another.

I have a preference myself, but only because it is a LOT easier to get to California from here than Indiana (or wherever a flight is involved). Otherwise I could give a rip.

Jun 8, 2016
Very true that there are definitely organizations that simply do not cross the PGF/Alliance boundary. Batbusters is one. I think Corona Angels is another.

I have a preference myself, but only because it is a LOT easier to get to California from here than Indiana (or wherever a flight is involved). Otherwise I could give a rip.
DD's org is an Alliance org but I don't care either tbh.

Jan 24, 2023
This weekend Corona Angels 18u Slye is playing in pgf Surf City event in Arizona.
There is other Corona Angel team entered under different name 12u div.
After 2020 when Alliance started and pgf had no Nationals in California covi19,
pgf archives do have a few Batbuster teams listed after 2020 Alliance started and gathered attention from teams that could not play in their local region. After reopening are listed teams on pgf archives did go back to pgf.

Jun 8, 2016
This weekend Corona Angels 18u Slye is playing in pgf Surf City event in Arizona.
There is other Corona Angel team entered under different name 12u div.
After 2020 when Alliance started and pgf had no Nationals in California covi19,
pgf archives do have a few Batbuster teams listed after 2020 Alliance started and gathered attention from teams that could not play in their local region. After reopening are listed teams on pgf archives did go back to pgf.
I think some of the lesser "Alliance org" teams play whatever they want or at least are allowed some leeway. I don't think you will see an Angels team with a Tyson appended to it or Batbusters with Stith appended to it doing that..

Dec 19, 2021
I don't see a Surf City event in AZ this week. Last one was the MLK event. Last Blast is this weekend. Maybe referring to that? No Corona Angels teams are here in any age group for Last Blast. A's Mercado Smith, Firecrackers TJ, Sorcerer, Beverly Bandits, Lady Magic, etc. No Batbusters. No Corona Angels.

Dec 19, 2021
Back to the OP's question 1, yeah I'd like to know that too.

Quite a few automatic bid teams are going to qualify anyway, but certainly not all. DD's team last year got a Premier bid based on the reputation of their predecessor in that age group. But DD's year they really were only a platinum team. Some other better team should have gone to premier. Her team the previous year had to claw their way into premier through a qualifier. That was fun, but they didn't last long in the bracket in the national tourney. This year's team has an automatic bid, but still went out and won a qualifier anyway so it didn't really matter.

Jan 24, 2023
I don't see a Surf City event in AZ this week. Last one was the MLK event. Last Blast is this weekend. Maybe referring to that? No Corona Angels teams are here in any age group for Last Blast. A's Mercado Smith, Firecrackers TJ, Sorcerer, Beverly Bandits, Lady Magic, etc. No Batbusters. No Corona Angels.
You are correct not Surf City,
My mistake misread text in phone.
🙄 too many tournaments at the same time. Following last blast also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414