'Perfectly imperfect' the influences officiating the game.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
D'oh! I didn't even see the video; I went straight to reading. I'm old. (I'm also more interested in what the players had to say since the video is focused more on gambling.)

The disgusting part is the adjustments for gambling. I'm not opposed to people gambling (though I do have personal issues with it due to a family member with an addiction), but tampering with the game to profit from a piece of that apple is entirely a move in the wrong direction.

I'd even argue it is not just tampering with the game, but tampering with gambling as a game.

Changes and evolution in equipment have always happened and work for the game and the players on the field. Changing rules and their evolution have always happened and work for the game and the players on the field. Changes for gambling ... have nothing to do with the game and destroy its integrity. That started to be flushed when they placed FTX patches on the umpires, though.

If we want to embrace gambling, Robo Manfred, get off your hypocritical high horse and place Shoeless Joe Jackson and Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
I'd even argue it is not just tampering with the game, but tampering with gambling as a game.
Hmmm the robo ump adds another person that could tweak it 🤷‍♀️
Somebody has to run that right?! I mean yeah it's set up to run on its own. But somebody has to be able to get inside it (so to speak.) Like slot machines.

Changes and evolution in equipment have always happened and work for the game and the players on the field. Changing rules and their evolution have always happened and work for the game and the players on the field.
✔️
Changes for gambling ... have nothing to do with the game and destroy its integrity.
✔️
If we want to embrace gambling, Robo Manfred, get off your hypocritical high horse and place Shoeless Joe Jackson and Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame.
Ohhh 🤦‍♀️ and theres thattt. 😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles