Penn State

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2010
You don't really think the few hundred(many times much less) fans that show up to a softball game, which often only costs a few $, provide enough money for those nice fields so many schools are building, do you?

A few hundred? Most college parks, aside from programs that are perenial top ~ 30 D1 teams, only seat a few dozen, and even those are mostly empty.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I did not cacth the Sandusky-Costas interview last night but I heard a few clips this morning and Sandusky's answers to a few of the questions are beyond creepy.

May 25, 2010
I did not cacth the Sandusky-Costas interview last night but I heard a few clips this morning and Sandusky's answers to a few of the questions are beyond creepy.
I caught excerpts on the radio as well and part of me suspects there's a pathos here that goes well beyond the mere belief that he can get away with anything. I think it's foolish for him to be making any public statements right now, which speaks to his arrogance IMO, but if you listen to his own words, he doesn't seem to feel he's done anything wrong. By his own statements, he doesn't see anything wrong with showering alone with young boys or engaging in 'horseplay' with them while showering naked.

But therein lies the rub, no pun intended. If he truly believed there was nothing wrong with his actions, why did he make efforts to keep his activities concealed? I guess using a public shower isn't exactly trying to hide what he was up to, but why was he only with one boy, not a group, not that that would've made it any better?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
SoftSocDad, I agree with you. I watched the interview and I think that I would have found Sandusky creepy, w/o knowing the charges. I have to wonder about his wife. She would be about 65 and either is blind to his crimes, or is stuck there because she can't support herself. I see that 2 of their grown adopted sons, have taken leaves from their football jobs. Evidently, Sandusky has no natural children.

His backyard backs up to a grade school playground, while he is free on no bond. (He doesn't have to pay, unless he fails to show up at court.)

May 25, 2010
SoftSocDad, I agree with you. I watched the interview and I think that I would have found Sandusky creepy, w/o knowing the charges. I have to wonder about his wife. She would be about 65 and either is blind to his crimes, or is stuck there because she can't support herself. I see that 2 of their grown adopted sons, have taken leaves from their football jobs. Evidently, Sandusky has no natural children.

His backyard backs up to a grade school playground, while he is free on no bond. (He doesn't have to pay, unless he fails to show up at court.)

Why am I not surprised he lives right by a playground?

I know it's the NY Post, but according to this story, Sandusky's lawyer has a thing for the young ones, too. He is not known to have committed any crimes, but he did impregnate a girl when she was just 16 and he was in his late 40s. As was mentioned before, these guys have ways of finding one another.

Lawyer for accused pedophile Jerry Sandusky impregnated teen girl: report - NYPOST.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd