PC Police strike again!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Is South Carolina the GameHens or the Lady Gamecocks.....or worse? ;-)

Just plain Gamecocks. :) The students, staff, and alumni take it all in stride and are the source of some of the best jokes. When wearing the apparel I am used to walking through a very busy airport and having someone yell Go Cocks!!! The reaction from bystanders is often priceless.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Have to wonder if any of the folks advocating this stuff have ever attended a game of any kind. Or do they just drive around in their Prius stopping for the occasional Starbucks and tofu burger while they look for the hint of some injustice to serve as the cause du jour. Given all the options this is the best thing they could find to hang their hat on?

Feb 7, 2013
I would be curious to know how many of the "don't change the Lady Vols name" crowd also thinks the Washington Redskins changing the name is also political correctness run amuck?

IMO, sometimes you do the right thing even though it's not the popular thing to do.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Ok, waited til DD got home to ask how she felt as a young woman/lady who has been there done that in sports.

Simple response, she said anyone who attends UT basically is a Vol, few can say they played for the Vols, even fewer can say they played for the Lady Vols. She said while some ( and she feels mostly men ) look at it as humiliating to women, to her it's an honor only a select few can say they were.

As others have posted, she asked "how do the lady athletes feel"? "Shouldn't they have more say in the matter than anyone"?

"What's next, opening a door for a woman, is that respect or because a man feels we are too weak to do it ourselves"? "When a female waitress brings your food, is it wrong to say 'thank you ma'am'........or just a general 'thank you' so it's not gender specific"? From her mouth.

That's my goober, much smarter than I at 19, and not scared to tell it like it is.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
I would be curious to know how many of the "don't change the Lady Vols name" crowd also thinks the Washington Redskins changing the name is also political correctness run amuck?

IMO, sometimes you do the right thing even though it's not the popular thing to do.

I live in San Diego where local Indian tribes are very prominent for what they do for the community - and not one of them had anything to do with lapdog SDSU chancellor that caved to a non-Indian whiner about Monty Montezuma, the SDSU mascot.

If you're serious about doing "the right thing even though it's not the popular thing to do", there's a hell of lot of more serious problems than the Washington Redskins to fix...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan