Patiently waiting……

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Okay, Nathan's in Coney Island is the original place to get those dogs, and I may have gotten more than a few there in my youth. While I enjoy a well-grilled hotdog on a charcoal grill, there's just something special about a dirty water dog with spicy mustard. Of course, you better have some Tums at the ready to combat the inevitable heartburn that will ensure shortly thereafter.
I remember my dad taking my brother, sister, and I to Coney Island one year on Independence Day. I remember seeing the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest that they host there (it was one of the years where Takeru Kobayashi was dominant). Back then, my tastebuds didn't understand the intracacies of chili and other toppings. Now, my prefered method of a quick dog is using an air fryer. Comes out quite good.

But I was silently cursing you last night for getting my mind onto hot dogs while I was working on Statistics homework. I still got hot dogs floating around in my mind. I wish I could do like Ned Flanders did to Homer Simpson in that Treehouse of Horrors episode where he turned Homer's head into a doughnut.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I remember my dad taking my brother, sister, and I to Coney Island one year on Independence Day. I remember seeing the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest that they host there (it was one of the years where Takeru Kobayashi was dominant). Back then, my tastebuds didn't understand the intracacies of chili and other toppings. Now, my prefered method of a quick dog is using an air fryer. Comes out quite good.

But I was silently cursing you last night for getting my mind onto hot dogs while I was working on Statistics homework. I still got hot dogs floating around in my mind. I wish I could do like Ned Flanders did to Homer Simpson in that Treehouse of Horrors episode where he turned Homer's head into a doughnut.
Well, if it's any sympathy for you, I'm craving the Sicilian pizza I'm having for dinner right now...

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Well, if it's any sympathy for you, I'm craving the Sicilian pizza I'm having for dinner right now...
*chuckle* That's what my breakfast was this morning. We have a local place just off campus that makes excellent pizza. We were having some of our classmates over last night and we just ordered a few pizzas from there. $15 a pizza but it was well worth it and every bit as good as any local Philadelphia pizzeria.

Aug 18, 2018
Now where will that sicilian pizza be from? My go to is spumoni garden in Brooklyn

That's the post tournament go to when I battle the belt Parkway.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Now where will that sicilian pizza be from? My go to is spumoni garden in Brooklyn

That's the post tournament go to when I battle the belt Parkway.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk
Is it better than the Domino’s Pizza that’s three miles from the house? I mean pizza’s pizza right? ;)

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Is it better than the Domino’s Pizza that’s three miles from the house? I mean pizza’s pizza right? ;)
Eating Domino's pizza in my world is like using a Liberty Advanced in Buttermaker's world. ;-)

"Now where will that Sicilian pizza be from? My go-to is spumoni garden in Brooklyn."

I am from Long Island, so Brooklyn is a bit too far for pizza. My go-to is Emilio's in Commack or Branchinelli's in Miller Place.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Eating Domino's pizza in my world is like using a Liberty Advanced in Buttermaker's world. ;-)

"Now where will that Sicilian pizza be from? My go-to is spumoni garden in Brooklyn."

I am from Long Island, so Brooklyn is a bit too far for pizza. My go-to is Emilio's in Commack or Branchinelli's in Miller Place.
You bunch of Yankee's!! You know you secretly like Chicago deep dish.....come on out of the pizza closet!! :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez