Pat Murphy to coach LSU.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Pride - Twitter runs constantly in the corner of my computer. I have all of the major news agencies and softball programs on it. Also, many of the major players tweet. I should have taken notice of who released the news. I believe it was LSU.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Conspiracy theory time:

The only way LSU got into the post-season tournament was because they swept...ALABAMA.

And then, Alabama gets seeded 2nd in the post-season tournament. Again, how does a team not win the SEC and was swept by a mediocre team end up getting seeded 2nd in the tournament? It is almost like someone who is very well known and well liked within softball's "good old gal's network" called in some favors.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
I also remember reading, can't remember where, about LSU playing host for dinner to Alabama at the SEC tournament. There was a picture somewhere. . .

Feb 15, 2011
FL
ESPN mentioned the dinner as well, along with the LSU girls giving water for the tornado victims. Came across more of a southern "pounding", where neighbors help neighbors by "pounding" on others doors and bring meals to those who have had some tough times.

Oct 19, 2009
I have met PM and my daughter has been to a number of his camps, and she will attend the upcoming summer camp at AL. I respect PM and still do, but am very puzzled at this move I think some where there is an underlying reason. I know that he made a comment when he hit freshman Jazz Lunsford for All-American Brittany Rogers and Jazz hit a grand slam in the CWS a few years ago. He made a comment that if Jazz had not came through he would have been fired and he seemed serious.

Was it money $300,000? Although it was reported AL offered to match the offer.

Was it better facilities? AL has a new hitting facility, beautiful field, great fans and support from the community. LSU I don’t know but I’m guessing it’s top notch as well.

Could it be he felt AL would not give the program what they need to take the next step? Which would be the first SEC College World Series Championship.

Some questions still to be answered. Will some of the players/signees follow him to LSU?

How will PM’s $300,000 salary effect other SB programs?

Who will AL hire as the next coach and how much will it cost them?

Can AL lure one of the PAC-10 or other big name coaches with the big money?
A lot still to be settled.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA