Part Brag, Part Angst...first Varsity no-hitter? Not!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Ok mostly brag but I'm still fuming:

So DD who has struggled with accuracy so far this h.s. season pitched a gem the other night. In the bottom of the 4th we score a bunch (including her 2nd 2 rbi double of the game) and are up 11-0. We give up an error on a bunt, and with 2 outs and 2 strikes(!) this girl bunts on her for a base hit and there goes the no hitter. If this happens in baseball, the next pitch is a bowtie but she strikes the last girl out. Am I the only bucket dad that would be mad about this?

JJS

Jan 9, 2015
...girl bunts on her for a base hit and there goes the no hitter. If this happens in baseball, the next pitch is a bowtie but she strikes the last girl out. Am I the only bucket dad that would be mad about this?

My question is why didn't the next 10 kids bunt on her? If you fumble a bunt against us we will bunt everyone until you field 2 clean.

Nov 29, 2009
We give up an error on a bunt, and with 2 outs and 2 strikes(!) this girl bunts on her for a base hit and there goes the no hitter. If this happens in baseball, the next pitch is a bowtie but she strikes the last girl out. Am I the only bucket dad that would be mad about this?

Was this the same batter or multiple batters?

What was it scored as? A hit or an error on a fielder? Putting the ball in play is not a hit. If this was the only runner to reach and the runner reached on a fielding or throwing error it is still a no hitter. She may have lost her perfect game if she had no other runners on base, but the No-No is still intact.

If a fielder made a mental mistake and did not make the play in time then it's a hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi