Opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Overall her action is pretty good and I have seen plenty of pitchers make this work. I don't think it's necessarily FSR that needs to improve, it's more her posture at landing and release, she's very upright, even forward a bit and I'll bet a rear view would show a hint of monkey butt. I would do some long toss with a cue of staying tall at landing. When doing long toss a pitcher will focus on throwing the ball higher (part of throwing it further), it's important that she do this by leaning back and not just holding on to the ball longer.

Jan 28, 2017
IMO, late pushing, should be away from the rubber at3 o’clock and her drag leg ankle goes down and in. This causes her to not drag her tie. Fix this and then check other lower body issues. May not have any. I would try to get a little more bend in the arm and work down at 11 o’clock not back.

Feb 11, 2020
Shawn it’s amazing at least w my DD, put a whiffle ball in her hand and she looks perfect. Keeps palm up and good lag. However put a softball in her hand and Hello elbow! She too has been struggling w speed. All the experts say keep the palm up and speed comes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The drag foot seems to be an issue. My daughter went through the same thing, and it caused two issues.

1) It slowed her forward momentum down.
2) It caused her to come around her pitches, meaning her arm was less a pure circle than an ellipse. This caused loss of velocity and accuracy.

Once we cured that issue, her speed jumped about 8-9 MPH and accuracy improved significantly. Mind you, it took a good eight months before it all came together.

Yes, I don’t like the drag foot. I think along with the drag the hips/lowerbody opens and gets stuck a little. Like you said there is a timing issue with the lowerbody.

It’s partly camera angle, The back knee isn’t stacked. There’s an issue for sure.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Overall her action is pretty good and I have seen plenty of pitchers make this work. I don't think it's necessarily FSR that needs to improve, it's more her posture at landing and release, she's very upright, even forward a bit and I'll bet a rear view would show a hint of monkey butt. I would do some long toss with a cue of staying tall at landing. When doing long toss a pitcher will focus on throwing the ball higher (part of throwing it further), it's important that she do this by leaning back and not just holding on to the ball longer.

She had monkey butt one time. No the posture isn’t 100% correct. Your correct. To much opening rotation and for a brief second the posture isn’t correct.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
IMO, late pushing, should be away from the rubber at3 o’clock and her drag leg ankle goes down and in. This causes her to not drag her tie. Fix this and then check other lower body issues. May not have any. I would try to get a little more bend in the arm and work down at 11 o’clock not back.
Gotcha

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The mother and I were taught to get open and pitch open. Their mother was taught that when she first started. I was never able to fix her lowerbody because she was taught to pivot the back foot to help get sideways.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I'm not a PC so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems she's not getting the best front side resistance and kind of "leaks" through the front side. That will cost her some velocity.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I'm not a PC so take this with a grain of salt, but it seems she's not getting the best front side resistance and kind of "leaks" through the front side. That will cost her some velocity.

Yes, FSR is and issue. She is walking through the pitch to much. I’ve seen worse from her.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA