Opinions on DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
Much improved. Do this with front toss for timing. She's going to pleased with the improved performance. And there's more to come.

Side note: I tried the small TCB-type weighted balls. You can pitch them to her full speed or less from about 20 feet safely. And she'll hit them about that far on the fly but they won't come back at you very fast.

I ordered a dozen from the TCB place but if your local Walmart has the small ones you can get them MUCH cheaper. I paid $116.00 for a dozen including shipping. EXPENSIVE!!!

I hope we are making some real progress on this. She really wants to make the improvements

Mar 25, 2011
I'm no expert. It looks like her swing is uncomfortable for her. When she gets to contact, it looks like the power is evaporating rather than accelerating into it's maximum potential. I'm not sure if that describes it worth a darn. It may be her hand position, the height of them...it seems like she is using all arms and hands to get to the ball, rather than tilt to adjust to the ball. Once again, I have no idea, but that is what it seems like to my limited eyesight.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
A few swings from today as we get ready to start back up for the Winter. What do you see?

MOV033.MOD - YouTube

A few quick comments .....

Lower body mechanics have her spinning her rear leg. Notice the rear foot rotating rearward.

2lm3u34.gif

Bat drag .....

14t92r8.gif

Hands don’t ‘load’ rearward and are largely uninvolved.

Knob to the ball type mentality.

There is no connection established to the lower body …. Leading to what is effectively an upper body swing.

25a2e02.gif

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
I had a feeling these swings were going to be a bit ugly. She hasnt swung a bat in over a month. But , today we start back by going to the University of Tennesse camp. Thanks guys for all the input thus far.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Cyclone
Lets see your daughter do this drill and post video after it is practiced a few times.
Reverse Hand Swing 2010 02 14 14 00 24 - YouTube

Pull bat back with back hand as you go out to touch touch.
Back hand is on bat reverse.
Things I think might help her add and feel in her swing.

1 her back arm will be up - different feeling
2 It will give her hips a better chance to work - why did I hit it harder? - feeling
3 Maybe get to toe touch/heel plant before the swing starts. Timing of body parts
4 Maybe more bat speed and hit it harder with one arm - see and hear it if it happens
5 better ball flight

At first if she struggles with game weight bat, have her swing a 1oz or 2oz lighter bat with this drill

Try it, might be surprised

Straightleg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball