Opening an indoor facility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Take this advice or throw it away: Maximize the facility. What does that mean?

Don't just get your standard nets for batting cages. See if you can find the white color (maybe it comes in other colors too) that is very heavy and used in school gyms to separate the basketball courts. Why, you ask?? well let me tell you.

The #1 thing I see with indoor facilities is they sit empty during the daytime when the kids are at school. If you have the kind of "netting" that I"m talking about, you can use the daytime hours (8am-3pm??) as an indoor driving range for golfers. There is never enough of those. And businessmen will GLADLY drop $20 or $30 for a bucket of balls during their daytimes. Without doing this, or something like it, your building will sit empty for 1/2 of the day. If you can maximize this time, you can make a fortune on the side.

I fully expect a % of the revenue generated by this. This idea is exclusive to House of Pitching and property there of. I truly believe indoor facilities waste a good portion of their day because the kids are at school and this idea would be a win-win for facilites. And believe me...... I've been in A LOT of indoor facilities. NONE of them do this. The only one close to it I've seen was in Portland Maine where a guy rented 1/2 of his facility to a fitness person who had a gym set up with weights and personal training. That worked too. Indoor space is a PREMIUM in cold weather states, and in places that get a lot of rain.

Aug 21, 2008
Wait a minute Bill….I’m getting my cut when his indoor stadium hits the ground running and he has so many tournaments scheduled he don’t know which way to turn! ;)
How about we team up, and infiltrate the business like Tony Soprano did the sporting goods store on the TV show... this way we both get to earn some money!!

Jun 8, 2016
I’m in, we’ll use the OP’s money, he won’t know what hit him!
That's laughable..by the time Hillhouse had a chance to fly to NC to plan out the heist with you, you would have spent all that money on gloves..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Netting that can be pushed out of the way for open area use 👍
Square footage
Can be used for a lot more things!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45