Open style pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
That is a donkey kick, gone wrong. I have worked with 2 teens like that and they were unable to fix it. I call it a mess.

May 31, 2012
Looks to the sky at release. Does a prestep before the leap. Line drive up the middle is gonna hit her in the back. I wonder if she produces despite the funky mechanics

She did well enough to win a spot on a D1 team (albeit lower tier), my guess would be as valedictorian of her class she is probably not using up a full ride. She did not pitch much last season only 8.2 innings but probably expected for your average incoming freshman. Here is her roster bio off the UNT website. Despite what are numerous obvious flaws in her mechanics she has overcome them and seems to be a smart kid living the American and making some dad (who probably spent untold hours on a bucket) very proud.

Was named an Oklahoma Large East All-State pitcher as a senior in 2010 … In her career, she pitched 20 shutouts, posted a 1.1 earned run average, recorded five no-hitters and struck out 526 batters … Received all-region and first-team all-conference honors as a senior … Was a three-time All-Centennial Conference pitcher and a two-time Tulsa World All-Metro Honorable Mention … Was a Tulsa World All-Metro Second Team honoree and a ESPN Rise Magazine Southwest Female Athlete of the Week in 2009 … Was No. 1 in her class at Charles Page High School and was named a Wendy’s High School Heisman School winner in 2010 … Earned Oklahoma High School Fastpitch Coaches Association Academic All-State honors and academic all-conference honors in 2010 … Played travel ball for Tulsa Elite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad