Open letter to Boardmember

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Dude....read your post.... You just solidified my point. I could care less how much or little you "COULD" pay. Bottom line is you joined in the bashing of the guy that does if for the love of the game... a true enthusiast.....and thanked the guy that does it for a living want's you to "Get her to his facility"...for the Low Low price of $100 an hour so he could offer some advice. Darrell.....no hard feelings....but read the fine print.

"Dude," you need to read. I thanked both of them. FR, you are coming from a point of considering one beneficial to you and yours. That's fine. I'm coming from the viewpoint of both being good friends and for many years. There is a difference. I hope the membership understands that difference.

I could post several email from both as to how they have helped my child including an offer from Bill to give free lessons to my child if I could make it to one of his clinics. Also, I could also cut and paste several suggestions he has made for me to work on "stuff" for/with my child. I won't post them because they are personal emails. BM has done the same many times for me and my child. Over 10 years, I can't count the number of times he has helped or suggested something. The point is, as a friend to both I appreciate their efforts and what is more ridiculous is that now you, me and others are continuing the feud when they have stopped.

Take care,

Darrell

Aug 21, 2008
I've been pretty busy lately...and missed most of the excitement that this post is pointed toward. I'm going to make a few comments that I'm SURE will not be very popular...but hey...this wont be the first time I lacked the ability to keep my mouth shut....and to be honest....it's pointed toward all of the folks that "Thanked" Bill for his lashing at Boardmember. I can see a NooB taking BoardMember the "Wrong" way, but someone that follows the board? Why did you all jump on the Bill Hillhouse lashing at Boardmember by thanking him? I respect Bill for his achievements...but not for his contributions to this forum. Do you all take great pride in the fact that you post on a forum that Bill Hillhouse posts an occasional pleasantry? Look at the last 50 or so posts Bill layed out on this board... if he's not Bashing Hal, he's telling tales, or reaching out to folks that may have been looking to pay him for lessons that he can't PM, or telling you about stuff he has for sale. Show me a post where he offered ANY of the members of this board some real advice on how YOU... can help your daughter become a better pitcher. For every ONE you find...I'll show you 50 that BoardMember has posted....complete with video analysis of what the young lady is doing "wrong" along with video of how she "Should" be doing it.....and then...he often takes the time to demo a drill of how you can show her how to do it! Bill chimes in with generalities once in a great while..but it's abundantly obvious..he's not going to offer any REAL assistance to anyone on this board unless there's a buck in it for him. Boardmember on MORE OCCASIONS than I can possibly keep track of offers very effective and detailed information on how YOU...the members of this forum can help YOUR DAUGHTER become a better pitcher..... ABSOLUTELY FREE OF ANY CHARGE.

Bill...I know you'll find this hard to believe...but this isn't pointed toward you.... but rather the ignorant folks that felt the need to Thank you for you mis-interpretation of Boardmember's post by jumping on the bandwagon...maybe they thought it would get them a discount on a session.

Frozen, WOW. Ouch. Being thin skinned really sucks sometimes. I guess I can see how you come to the conclusions you do about me and my business. I would argue that I spend PLENTY of time on email answering as many questions as I can in between the travel schedule I maintain. Facts are facts and you're right, I don't post much on here. I think the people who said "thanks" to my post were doing so because it was an attempt to end a misunderstanding, I highly doubt anyone was "thanking me" for more than that. I would hardly characterize what I wrote as a "lashing at BM". That certainly wasn't the intent (exact opposite intent actually) and I highly doubt he took it that way. If he did, then I will officially challenge him to a cage match at the next wrestlemania.

Anyone who does what I do for a living has a balance of life: love of the game vs. the business side. I'm sorry you think it's all about the money for me. I'm guessing since you believe this so strongly there's no point in offering counter points or some of the reasons why I choose NOT to post much on here. But I think its incredibly unfair to compare BM to me the way you did. I have a website and instructional BUSINESS, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think BM does lessons for a job. I seem to recall him saying he would reply to various topics when he finished work, his normal job. I don't think he flies 200,000 miles per year to do camps, clinics, and lessons. I don't think he has his email out there on a website where people write to him with questions (and I do mean A LOT of emails with A LOT of questions). So, because he answers people here, and I answer my emails through my business, I guess that means I only help people who pay me?? Not only is that incorrect of you to say and imply but, it's actually offensive.

I will be going back through my posts, as you have done, to review the things I've written. I didn't realize I was always "selling something". I actually made conscience attempts to NOT do that. I'm disappointed in myself if I've actually failed with that. I don't recall having started threads about new videos, but I do remember answering questions about it from others. And ironically, the thread you referenced about me posting a questing, seeking a person who had contacted me about a clinic or lessons turned out to be someone who keeps posting things, getting banned, then making a new name and doing it all over again. Apparently it's his M/O to make a new name, then start attacking someone. Unbeknownst to me, the person I was looking for back then was that very same person. Then he made posts about me that made what you wrote look like a love letter!!! So, I was already punished for that one but thanks for the memory. LOL.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. The bottom line, then I'll let it go, I didn't mean or intend to 'lash at BM'. Just the opposite, I think that's why others were saying Thanks. Maybe it's me who should take a self imposed exile from the forum. I did it before when Hal accused me of stealing his stuff for my profit. Up to that point, it was the craziest thing someone had accused me of on this forum. Since I don't contribute anyway, I guess I won't be missed.

Bill

Jun 13, 2009
Frozen, it's not secret my family is big supporters of Bill's. But let me tell you why. While I love what he teaches, how simple he makes things so even i can follow it and how he entertains my DD at her lessons so she enjoys it more than almost anything, that is only part of it. Anyone who really cares for their students, makes them enjoy learning, and shows genuine interest in her life "off field", such as her grades, etc. is a coach/teacher every parent would love. But, as difficult as this is to say publically from a personal standpoint, Bill has helped my family and my DD at very difficult times for us. Where we live is in a part of the country where jobs are leaving in masses and my jobs were not immune. In the last 2 years, I LOST my job due to cut backs and economy and been laid off twice (including right now) from my new job. When I made the painful email to Bill about needing to go on a break from lessons, he emphatically refused to stop working with my daughter and wouldn't take a dime. His exact words escape me but it was something like, "I'm not letting a few dollars stop her from pitching and neither should you.". It was a huge dose of "humble pie" for me to accept that generous offer but he convinced me that this was about HER. I know I'm not the only one that Bill has done this for, because it's about the kids. So, when I see someone make a public statement that it's all about the money for Bill, I can share a story that it's not. Despite having a waiting list of students waiting to see him, he refused to take my DD out of the rotation despite our situation. So, while you seem to think he should give his knowledge away for free on this board, I can tell you he gives back in other places and ways. If I was Bill, who spent a lifetime learning the craft of pitching, I don't think it's unrealistic to think that knowledge is worth something. Yes, I know: others offer their opinions and advice on here so you feel he should too. I just wanted to offer you another perspective on the man you obviously don't know at all. And your assessment, fits the cliche that even when words are true, they don't always speak the truth.

cg

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How, in heavens name, does a simple, "Hey, Bro, we're friends" post from one guy to another end up in a Bromance fight between two totally different people?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06