Open letter to Boardmember

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2008
Ok, this is beyond ridiculous at this point. So let me be very open and honest in this, I hope this letter to you doesn't come across as one of the the "tones" I mentioned earlier. I am doing this on a new thread to avoid further hijack of the other person's thread.

BM, I am the first person to admit that I am thin skinned. Things bother me that absolutely should not. Some of them I can logically explain why, others I cannot explain why they bother me. I have taken you at your word that what you wrote was a joke and I accepted that. I AM SORRY for not acknowledging your 'apology'. That lack of acknowledgment is probably why this things as festered and manifested. So let it end here. I did accept it and moved on from it long ago. It is ENTIRELY possible that I took it the wrong way and I can accept that I did that in this situation.

That said, by taking what you said wrong (by my own fault) is hardly me being unable to laugh at myself or accept humor. Of all things, that implication is the one I resent he most and the one you seem to maintain: that I cannot laugh at myself. However, that's your opinion and i"m not going to argue you. Having a misunderstanding about something hardly means I cannot laugh at myself. Obviously, I can laugh at myself NOW that I know what you meant, the context you said it, and the irony. But, YOU need to accept that this is an anonymous board. Plus I don't know you at all. I have no idea if you are sarcastic, if you are sincere, if you are dry, etc. My experience with you has been limited mostly to your battles with Hal. Yes, many of those were done with sarcasm and wit but I didn't consider myself in the same category as Hal with you so I as a little stunned to think you would "attack" me. I was wrong about that and I'm sorry. It's not that i can't laugh at myself. It's not that I can't take a joke, it's that I took your joke WRONG. Maybe I had an off day. Maybe my dog s**t on the rug earlier. I don't know or remember. But I assure you I can take a joke with the best of them.

Your last post on the other thread seemed to show anger towards me for what OTHERS have said, I'm not sure I understand that. SLUGGERS will back me up on this, earlier today I sent him a private message asking for your email address to send you a note saying exactly what I'm saying now. If you were taking a hiatus from this site, I wanted to send you an email that you would get where I put this issue to bed and tell you I'm sorry for taking what you said wrong. I figured if you weren't on here reading this and your inbox is always full, then you wouldn't get a post I put on here. So I asked him for your registration email. So if you don't believe the sincerity of this post, perhaps you will believe him when he confirms I asked for your email for that very purpose.

Internet boards, email and texts can be tough. Sometimes there's tone's, real or imagined. Without knowing the person, it can be hard to decipher. I don't KNOW you at all. We've never met. So, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable that I misunderstood what you posted. But, here I am: taking the blame. Sorry man. I take you at your word that you weren't taking a shot at me. Now it's your turn: take me at my word that I can (and do) laugh at myself and misunderstandings happen. As far as I'm concerned it's over, done with and forgotten. I hope it is for others also.

Bill

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Just my two cents. BM does not know you personally, yet can say you can't take a joke. Bill you have nothing to apologize for. He posts stuff and twists it around to be someone else's problem.

May 17, 2012
When someone ask me who my daughters pitching coach is I just start to smile.

Her pitching coaches are (in no particular order):

Hillhouse
Her local Pitching Coach
BoardMember
Dad
Random players on YouTube pitching

I say it takes a village to make a great pitcher, not just one source.

My DD and I may never meet Hillhouse or BoardMember, but I just wanted to say thanks for everything you do for fastpitch.

Jul 14, 2008
Now it's your turn: take me at my word that I can (and do) laugh at myself and misunderstandings happen. As far as I'm concerned it's over, done with and forgotten.

Done.......Seriously........Since you get it.........I get it.........

I hope it is for others also.

Apparently not.........

Just my two cents. BM does not know you personally, yet can say you can't take a joke. Bill you have nothing to apologize for. He posts stuff and twists it around to be someone else's problem.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Personally speaking, I am glad you both have agreed to end this feud. I don't think either one of you "started it." I think that things were twisted here or there as people took positions supporting one or the other. I consider both of you friends. You both do great things for the youth of America and I know both of your hearts are in the right place. I would consider it an honor should we ever get to meet person to person.

Per feuds in general. No one really wins on the internet. I've lost so many friends or people I thought were my friends. I have been in so many "hitting wars" that I no longer really care to assert my opinion on hitting though I love to talk hitting. No one wins but I sure have lost. Thanks guys for attempting to deal with this through logic and reason.

Take care,

Darrell Butler

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Done.......Seriously........Since you get it.........I get it.........

Apparently not.........

Bill I wouldn't waste my time on this crap ...BM you have been ran off every site on the net. You make remarks like you are going to leave... How childish... BM you may know pitching but you are not the ONLY ONE... If you want to leave then leave and yes you were being a jackass to BH then like a coward you try to deny it

Jul 17, 2012
I've been pretty busy lately...and missed most of the excitement that this post is pointed toward. I'm going to make a few comments that I'm SURE will not be very popular...but hey...this wont be the first time I lacked the ability to keep my mouth shut....and to be honest....it's pointed toward all of the folks that "Thanked" Bill for his lashing at Boardmember. I can see a NooB taking BoardMember the "Wrong" way, but someone that follows the board? Why did you all jump on the Bill Hillhouse lashing at Boardmember by thanking him? I respect Bill for his achievements...but not for his contributions to this forum. Do you all take great pride in the fact that you post on a forum that Bill Hillhouse posts an occasional pleasantry? Look at the last 50 or so posts Bill layed out on this board... if he's not Bashing Hal, he's telling tales, or reaching out to folks that may have been looking to pay him for lessons that he can't PM, or telling you about stuff he has for sale. Show me a post where he offered ANY of the members of this board some real advice on how YOU... can help your daughter become a better pitcher. For every ONE you find...I'll show you 50 that BoardMember has posted....complete with video analysis of what the young lady is doing "wrong" along with video of how she "Should" be doing it.....and then...he often takes the time to demo a drill of how you can show her how to do it! Bill chimes in with generalities once in a great while..but it's abundantly obvious..he's not going to offer any REAL assistance to anyone on this board unless there's a buck in it for him. Boardmember on MORE OCCASIONS than I can possibly keep track of offers very effective and detailed information on how YOU...the members of this forum can help YOUR DAUGHTER become a better pitcher..... ABSOLUTELY FREE OF ANY CHARGE.

Bill...I know you'll find this hard to believe...but this isn't pointed toward you.... but rather the ignorant folks that felt the need to Thank you for you mis-interpretation of Boardmember's post by jumping on the bandwagon...maybe they thought it would get them a discount on a session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06