Open letter to Boardmember

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I enjoy coming to this board and reading the threads. I once said, " I used to come here to learn something but now I just come here to watch BM and Hal go at it". I do get a kick out of those two firing back at one another. Now that being said, I think Bill had every right to be offended and I respect that he has chosen to clear the air put things to rest. I feel that this forum is a better place with both BM and Bill posting and do not see the need to argue what each have done. Both are talented pitching coaches. Bill puts things in as simple as they can so that most anyone can understand what he is teaching. I think many would agree that BM using the entire English language to explain his methods. I have to read his post over and over to grasp what he is saying. I hope that both are not left a little gun shy and continue doing what they are doing and maybe now they will each have a better understanding of one another.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I don't need a discount and can more than pay my way for any lesson. However, my daughter is not a pitcher. I have known/corresponded with both Bill and BM for a very long time and I consider both friends. Because of our friendships I do appreciate that they have made an effort to settle this.

BM had been kind enough through the years to critique my daughter's pitching and hitting videos and even giving advice for her recruitment video. BM first saw her at age 10 and so, that would be 10 years and counting. Bill made various comments on my dd when she did pitch and offered to help her if I could ever get her to his facility. I've corresponded with Bill off and on for over 6 years.

As an FYI, I'm far from ignorant. I'll thank whomever I like.

Take care,

Darrell Butler

Jul 17, 2012
Bill puts things in as simple as they can so that most anyone can understand what he is teaching. I think many would agree that BM using the entire English language to explain his methods.
Show me a post of BH explaining how any parent on this board can specifically help their young pitcher.....If you take the time to search aimlessly...just say so and I'll show you a dozen laymans terms descriptions from BM of what a young pitcher can do better to become a better pitcher. I'm guessing I'll never need to do so. After my recent posts some may think I have a man crush on BM....but the absolute truth of the matter is that he's SUCH an incredibly VALUABLE resource of information...that I can't help but defend him...in hopes he'll continue to contribute. I've learned enough from his posts to help so many other kids, besides my own, that I feel like a pitching coach that's not really a pitching coach. I'm not going to share specifics...but when I offer a "Pitching night" in my basement..... I get every kid on my travel team....and my little league team. We've broken it out to 2 nights. I only teach what I've learned from Boardmember....and I just watch and take great pride in what these kids are learning and how much they are improving....AND..I'M a 3rd party resource. Imagine if they got the real deal? You all wish you could get to Erie PA for a pitching clinic hosted by Bill Hillhouse... I'm trying to arrange a West Coast trip so my kid could go see BoardMember for an hour. I live in PA....200 miles from Bill.....2000 miles from BoardMember.

Jul 17, 2012
I don't need a discount and can more than pay my way for any lesson. However, my daughter is not a pitcher. I have known/corresponded with both Bill and BM for a very long time and I consider both friends. Because of our friendships I do appreciate that they have made an effort to settle this.

BM had been kind enough through the years to critique my daughter's pitching and hitting videos and even giving advice for her recruitment video. BM first saw her at age 10 and so, that would be 10 years and counting. Bill made various comments on my dd when she did pitch and offered to help her if I could ever get her to his facility. I've corresponded with Bill off and on for over 6 years.

As an FYI, I'm far from ignorant. I'll thank whomever I like.

Take care,

Darrell Butler

Dude....read your post.... You just solidified my point. I could care less how much or little you "COULD" pay. Bottom line is you joined in the bashing of the guy that does if for the love of the game... a true enthusiast.....and thanked the guy that does it for a living want's you to "Get her to his facility"...for the Low Low price of $100 an hour so he could offer some advice. Darrell.....no hard feelings....but read the fine print.

Jan 25, 2011
Show me a post of BH explaining how any parent on this board can specifically help their young pitcher.....If you take the time to search aimlessly...just say so and I'll show you a dozen laymans terms descriptions from BM of what a young pitcher can do better to become a better pitcher. I'm guessing I'll never need to do so. After my recent posts some may think I have a man crush on BM....but the absolute truth of the matter is that he's SUCH an incredibly VALUABLE resource of information...that I can't help but defend him...in hopes he'll continue to contribute. I've learned enough from his posts to help so many other kids, besides my own, that I feel like a pitching coach that's not really a pitching coach. I'm not going to share specifics...but when I offer a "Pitching night" in my basement..... I get every kid on my travel team....and my little league team. We've broken it out to 2 nights. I only teach what I've learned from Boardmember....and I just watch and take great pride in what these kids are learning and how much they are improving....AND..I'M a 3rd party resource. Imagine if they got the real deal? You all wish you could get to Erie PA for a pitching clinic hosted by Bill Hillhouse... I'm trying to arrange a West Coast trip so my kid could go see BoardMember for an hour. I live in PA....200 miles from Bill.....2000 miles from BoardMember.
I wish you would move out of my state.;) You have a problem with Bill thats up to you. But Bill does make it simple to understand, but not simple enough for you I guess. Maybe he could write it down for you with jumbo crayons on crate paper.;)

Feb 26, 2013
Not many people give their professional livelihood away for free, not lawyers, not construction company owners, on an Internet board no less. And why should they?

And yes, professionals get to charge money to earn their livelihood.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
WOW, a lot of blah, blah, blah, and wah wah wah. Who's better? You cant say that about him, hes mean, he charges too much. What the matter with everyone? Its the lemmings who get their panties in a twist when someone critzices, pokes fun(trying to be funny) at their undisputed leader. Geez, this about your dds getting better. Its not about the adults. If so and so makes your dd better, good for you, if another makes my dd better good for me. There is a lot of pissing on cherrios. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06