One dad fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Sluggers said its complicated, and you bet your a$$ it is. If you were a fly on the wall from the crime itself, to the arrest, to the investigation, to the trial, to the BS, to the chamber deals, to the "interested party" phone calls, it would turn your stomach. Prisons are full, sentences are too short, and it costs a ton to incarcerate.

Which is why I have no problem with corporal punishment as a viable solution. Think about it. If your community employed a whip or cane as part of punishment, so 20 lashes/strikes & 2 years in jail as opposed to the next town over where the maximum punishment is 2 years, where do you think the criminals are going to go?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Which is why I have no problem with corporal punishment as a viable solution. Think about it. If your community employed a whip or cane as part of punishment, so 20 lashes/strikes & 2 years in jail as opposed to the next town over where the maximum punishment is 2 years, where do you think the criminals are going to go?

Yes sir, tough guys have no idea how a cane in the hands of a martial artist feels. It can rip the skin with one blow over an inch thick. I'd post a video but it is pretty harsh for any young eyes. I'd be in favor for it too, only to add a twist. Give the martial artist the first 15 lashes, and the victim or victim's family the final 5.

Where do we sign up?

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Yes sir, tough guys have no idea how a cane in the hands of a martial artist feels. It can rip the skin with one blow over an inch thick. I'd post a video but it is pretty harsh for any young eyes. I'd be in favor for it too, only to add a twist. Give the martial artist the first 15 lashes, and the victim or victim's family the final 5.

Where do we sign up?

Nope, don't want to open the skin. As you stated, it is pretty harsh and the Bleedy Hearts Club would have a field day in what is effectively dysfunctional judicial system.

I suggest you put them in a wet suit. The pain and welts will be there, but the skin should stay intact.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm not going to keep beating this dead horse, but it's ironic that this is in our local paper today.

"Crawford, who has 22 prior criminal convictions including nine felonies, was linked to the crime first by DNA and then by the victim, who picked him from a photo spread after spending 18 days in the hospital with a broken nose and a broken jaw."

This is what's wrong with the system, 22 convictions / 9 felonies, and still committing crimes. Geeeezzzzzz!!

Ex-Memphis football star Xavier Crawford sentenced to maximum 37 years for rape » The Commercial Appeal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes