OnDeck tryout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Took my DD to an OnDeck camp/tryout over the weekend, a last minute change of plans since her tournament got rained out. if you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it. Very organized. Very professional and friendly. They take a bunch of measurables which they call OnDeck Measrements or ODM for short. Girls run a sprint and get timed at 10 yards, 20 yards, and 40 yards. They also complete a shuttle run and get timed in that as well. Then they do bat velocity, ball speed off the bat, and somehow they're able to give you an estimated distance from those measurements. And finally, girls are tested in overhand throwing speed. I know pitchers and catchers were also evaluated, but since my DD is neither I didn't pay too much attention.

Then they segued into fielding drills (infield and outfield) and finally they did a lot of hitting (front toss from up close and then front toss from further back). Each girl was given a copy of her scores at the end of the session.

I am not sure if my DD will see a tangible benefit from this as the probablity of her receiving an invitation to an OnDeck jamboree or showcase is very very small, but it was interesting and fun for her to participate and compete against some of the best players in the area. I mean there was A LOT of talent at the tryout. Here's a link in case anyone is interested and i promise i'm not affiliated with them in any way, shape, or form. just wanted to share a very positive experience.

Softball Recruiting, College Softball Recruiting | OnDeck Softball

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez