On Monday It Begins Again

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
Its about that time, Season begins on Feb 7th so less than 4 weeks and counting, DD said last night she couldent feel her a$$ or arms they were so sore. Trying to keep up conditioning plus practicing and academics have to be a monumental task. One that I dont envy anyone in that situation.

On the bright side, in less than 4 weeks my fat butt will be in warm and sunny Fla, not artic Ohio.

Tim

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good luck to both of your DDs and anyone else out there that is at that level. My DD is only in 8th grade so I can't claim to know the feeling. But I have some friends with DDs playing college ball and I can tell you it is a combination of excitement and nervousness. Enjoy!!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Yeah, it's a coming. We will start the season off in a tournament in Oklahoma. Then run their normal rounds from AR, MO, TN, MS, and IL. For the first time in my short softball career I'm lost. I can't tell if I'm heartbroken "not" to be directly involved for once, overcriticle of the team, expectations too high, or what. I certainly don't want to be one of "those" parents. :)

On paper we have some girls who have accomplished some impressive stats and awards. A couple of girls we have played against ( in travel ball ) for years and were some top notch athletes on some dominate teams. During the fall preseason I just didn't get the feel they were working as "one unit". Like all the parts were there, but wouldn't "fit". We had some games I was like........WTF just happened!!

I try to remind myself that I had my group ( almost the same roster ) of girls from 6 to 18, and the unity wasn't as "overnight" as I might like to remember.

Any advice guys?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Advice? I'd give almost anything to be there when the kid throws for the 1st time. I'd love to sit in a chair watching, video in hand, and then have you treat me to something to eat afterwards. Memphis BBQ!

We win that game, dinner is on me. Steak, shrimp, sushi, caviar, prime rib, BBQ................whatever you want. We lose, I'll give you $20 for McDonald's as long as you drop me off at the local ER. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Why do we live so far apart? I guarantee you, we'd have a blast if our dds played together!

We will be playing in MO and IL, maybe one of those game will be close enough we could sit together. I'll warn you ahead of time, I enjoy talking about the game.........while we are playing the "game". Good way to get me quiet is to keep the nachos on tap. :)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2012
My dd will be playing her last year of tb ball this summer. When all the recruiting started a couple of years ago it seemed like forever for her to commit and sign. Can't begin to imagine it will all be over in about 5 years. Maybe you guys should start a support group for us to join when our dd's are graduated and moved on! Good luck to your girls this year!

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Time seems to be somewhat an illusion, especially when you have so much of it behind you. Sadly, this thing we call time seems to go by faster and faster with each passing year. I guess that's due to the fact that it gets scarcer and scarcer, making you value it more and more and more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877