Team fundraiser coach wants the money paid in cash.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
When I first got into coaching 20 years ago, most things locally were handled in cash. I didn't really think much about it at the time. It was the norm.

Today I doubt I would accept cash as a coach or offer cash as a player/parent. The paper trail is much more important now than it was back then. And I'm a lot less trusting than I was... I have never used any of the cash apps, but it isn't because I am opposed to them. Just because I have never needed them. I actually created a PayPal account at one point but have never used it. My daughter has a Venmo account and has tried to talk me into getting one myself. I asked her why I would need it, and she couldn't give me an answer. If I had a reason to have and use Venmo, I would.

Jun 20, 2015
When I first got into coaching 20 years ago, most things locally were handled in cash. I didn't really think much about it at the time. It was the norm.

Today I doubt I would accept cash as a coach or offer cash as a player/parent. The paper trail is much more important now than it was back then. And I'm a lot less trusting than I was... I have never used any of the cash apps, but it isn't because I am opposed to them. Just because I have never needed them. I actually created a PayPal account at one point but have never used it. My daughter has a Venmo account and has tried to talk me into getting one myself. I asked her why I would need it, and she couldn't give me an answer. If I had a reason to have and use Venmo, I would.
she wants you to have Venmo so it's easier to give her funds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01