Oh boy, what to do

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
To the OP - my apologies for participating in the hijack, but I think some of the things said by Perfect Circle - such as setting up a head-to-head throw for distance competition between the players for a captive parent audience - are indicative of a negative brand of sports parent extremism that the perpetrators are often completely in denial about.

Your right... and thankz again. And thankz for realizing my style of parenting... my house my daughter. DD has never been wronged, I have been with her every practice, and game... never once.
I guess the reason of this whole thread is for parents to remember that it's your DD's game. If she is happy stay out of it!!!

Not understanding what you mean her game ? Repeated answers come from repeated post. OP told the Lady (mother) to stay out of it...I would like to see if what he would say if she missed a payment... If I was there, I would have taken issue with that, and he linked parents into it. Aren't you a gentleman & (scholar) or at least a parent too? You guys always got issues with the parents, I bet you always got them and always will.

Been waiting for you to cough up your sources on the ICE Issue. We do agree on that

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Doesn't matter the reason why she didn't want to play, you allowed her to make that decision, would you have done the same thing if she said I want to play on this team?

Oh boy, you have many years left. I will tell you this though, I have seen many, many players that were "great" at the 10U and even 12U level, but when it came to 14U the other players caught up and passed those players in ability. Not saying that will happen to your DD, but it is a fact.

OK so you would sit out and work on catching. May I ask how is your curveball, or drop, or rise, or screw?

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Your right... and thankz again. And thankz for realizing my style of parenting... my house my daughter. DD has never been wronged, I have been with her every practice, and game... never once.

Not understanding what you mean her game ? Repeated answers come from repeated post. OP pretty mush told the Lady to shut up... If I was there, I would have taken issue with that, and he linked patents into it. Aren't you a gentleman & (scholar) or at least a parent too?

Been waiting on for you to cough up your sources on the ICE Issue. We do agree on that.

No we said NO such thing to the parent... where did you get that from?

May 25, 2010

Not understanding what you mean her game ? Repeated answers come from repeated post. OP told the Lady (mother) to stay out of it...I would like to see if what he would say if she missed a payment... If I was there, I would have taken issue with that, and he linked parents into it. Aren't you a gentleman & (scholar) or at least a parent too? You guys always got issues with the parents, I bet you always got them and always will.

I am glad - however somewhat surprised - to hear your DD has never been unfairly treated. I was wrong to assume you had to have found fault with how someone dealt with her somewhere along the way. I give you credit for NOT being the parent who can always find something wrong with how their child has been treated.

When I reference 'her game', I am saying that, while you do put in hours and hours of practice, learning, driving, watching games, etc. that it's still something she is doing and you are supporting. Yes, there is action, labor, money, and all sorts of things that go along with providing support, but I think it's imperative that we as parents understand that we're only a part of what the girls are doing.

Saying 'we're going to work hard and get better' is really a divided statement. Her improvements in pitching are not your improvements in pitching. You can certainly get better as a parent instructor as you learn more about what to look out for that can benefit her. And like the rest of us, you can always get better as a sports parent as you bounce thoughts and ideas off of other people, regardless of they are involved in softball. I love the feedback we can all get here. You might also be able to get better at managing your emotions and/or stress level when she is playing. But from a performance aspect, that's all hers.

Yes, it is an experience being shared by you and your daughter, but ultimately, she is the one who has to make the choice to go out and perform the best she can.

Been waiting on for you to cough up your sources on the ICE Issue. We do agree on that.

You mentioned 'ICE' before when we had an exchange. I wasn't sure what you meant then and I'm still not sure what you're asking me for.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
You need to get that chip off your shoulder before you ruin it for you DD!

10u, yep, not as many mistakes as I've been reading from the ones with older ones on here...really hope to capitalize from them though...most posters.

If she bought the catching equipment, then she has a right to hold DD to some kinda commitment. If they don't keep them with parents, they won't keep them with all the other fearless leaders that will come and go like the wind.

Maybe best was wrong word, how about "the standout, as a walkon at a D1 school open tryout"

It was I when she was conceived. She had no choice of us living in this house in this neighborhood, that put her in this school around the people she is limited to meet. I was all I who did this... now that it has turned out so good its all my.

The Chip is GOLD, when it comes off it will be polished and placed on my son's sholders, for my Granddaughters & Goddaughters :{))

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
10u, yep, not as many mistakes as I've been reading from the ones with older ones on here...really hope to capitalize from them though...most posters.

If she bought the catching equipment, then she has a right to hold DD to some kinda commitment. If they don't keep them with parents, they won't keep them with all the other fearless leaders that will come and go like the wind.

Maybe best was wrong word, how about "the standout, as a walkon at a D1 school open tryout"

It was I when she was conceived. She had no choice of us living in this house in this neighborhood, that put her in this school around the people she is limited to meet. I was all I who did this... now that it has turned out so good its all my.

The Chip is GOLD, when it comes off it will be polished and placed on my son's sholders, for my Granddaughters & Goddaughters :{))

WTF are you talking about. Please put together a coherent thought and try to articulate that thought so we UNDERSTAND what the hell you are trying to say. You are all over the place with your rants!
I will tell you what I tell my kids....reread what you write.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
that it's still something she is doing and you are supporting.

I'm sorry, but its way more than me just supporting. I see to it that she throws the ball everyday. I catch every ball. I pitch every catch. If it was left up to coaches, mother, and big College BB pitcher bro. she would be a cheerleader.

In order to play at the level she has been the last two years, you have to have a pitching coach. She is able to use me for that too. My work is excepted by her org. Its we. Does that give you more insight??? My choice was to make it be real easy for her., so we can focus on all the other stuff, I'm not interested in. Mom is the homework Nazi... Softball is our thing. She has 4 one hour lesson weekly. She has turned the corner on softball. She has workedout with the local college girls(Naacc). She sees the picture, and so have they. She has D1 one written all over her.

I'm not offended by any comments on here, I know I'm a little out there but, I like to think I'm honest. Also I got you mixed up with another poster on the ICEing the arm debate.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
When we talk about "it's her game" just like SoftSocDad expressed. It's HER that wants to play softball at all. Take many 18G teams, quite a few have roster sizes of 16 or so. That leaves alot of kids on the bench. If a bench player only pinch runs once a game for this team, and she is content with her role, who am I to change it? Kids play sports for different reasons. Some just like to be a part of something, while others want to be the best at what they do, but in ALL cases it's the kids that decide what role they take, not the parents. You can give them advice, try to guide them, but the bottom line is YOU cannot control what they like to do.

I hope you realize that the Softball community is pretty small, and coaches do talk to each other. My suggestion is don't be that parent that coaches don't want to deal with because while you may think it is helping, it will be your DD that suffers.

Just like my OP, it's obivious the player doesn't want to leave the team, and the player is happy with her role on this team, it's the Mom that wants her to leave to catch on another team. We want to keep her (however at this point I don't believe our HC wants to deal with the Mom) so now the player gets told sorry it's not going to work out. Who wins? Nobody. Now like I said if the player was unhappy, by all means find a good fit that she will be happy, but that isn't the case here.

So yes, it's HER game, and if she is happy with the team and HER role, then why as a parent would YOU want to change that?

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Whats The Focus are you talking about. Please put together a coherent thought and try to articulate that thought so we UNDERSTAND what the hell you are trying to say. You are all over the place with your rants!
I will tell you what I tell my kids....reread what you write.

It might be the format you chose to reply comments in a comment then bold your responses ...how clever...But it makes it to hard to paste your comments one at a time to answer , I have to chase it all over. Each comment is a comment to your comment, with out copying and pasting yours.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I hope you realize that the Softball community is pretty small, and coaches do talk to each other. My suggestion is don't be that parent that coaches don't want to deal with because while you may think it is helping, it will be your DD that suffers.

Yea I know what you mean... its small minded. My coach talks too and about how he is 16-4 against the most elite org. in the state. And 12-2 against the #2. He placed 5th @ the nationals this year with his 14u DD. He asked my DD to play a year and a half ago, because he was putting this 10u Team with his awesome second DD. When I told him we quite, He said good move. Here is our mission statement our sponsorship certificates

The (TEAM NAME) was founded for the advancement of young ladies in the Central (STATE) area.
Its goal is to insure the highest level of play is available, by competition against the best in the State.
The play is to be enjoyment of both the player’s and families, and still competing at the Nation Level.

She loves playing, and she loves being the only one in our area that is playing on this team. The other girl from the next town over, and her 14U friend that influenced her to also play with this team, just won MVP on the team that won it all at the "Queen of Diamonds" last week. Do they have them in the North West?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523