Obligated to play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Each organization is different, but I do not think you or your DD should feel obligated to pickup with another team in your organization. I would however caution you against picking up with another team in lieu of playing for a team in your organization!

Apr 11, 2012
If its the end result of DD's perseverance and hard work pursuing her dreams and goals, that's awesome.; however, if this is the objective that parents are pushing their DD's to reach, its truly sad, because 99.9% will fail. Regardless of whether its softball, violin, chemistry, theatre, tiddlywinks, there is a difference, and if you don't recognize and accept it, you risk alienating your DD. Now that's just plain old crazy, IMO, but your mileage obviously varied.

I would agree with that....and I hope that you understood the context of my intended humerous statement....HS kids do have a little better chance than .1% though.....only about 3% of all high school athletes will receive college scholarships to play a sport and I do understand that there is more to a teenagers life than sports....

also, I'm not quite sure what you meant by your statement "but your mileage obviously varied"...please explain

but if a parent pushes a kid to be all they can be and dream of their future where they are using their brains for a living rather than their backs....I don't think that's sad at all. I'm sure there are quite a few adults out there that now appreciate that their parents who "pushed" them into something that they maybe weren't the best at but learned valuable lessons that helped them in other aspects of life....however, I'm sure there are those in theropy for it too....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse