NY Yankees HR drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
Like I said last time around. Few can do the drill and maintain the aspects of a high level swing. I don't recommend it.

What aspects of a high level swing do you believe cannot be maintained? I have used a similar drill for the purposes of hand path, shoulder tilt, and hitting the inside half of the ball, utilizing a tee instead of an underhand front toss.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
FEW is the key word.
If you are watching and know what you are looking at, great.
I would say a majority doing the drill without close experienced eyes watching will push the knob out front, drag the bat down the length, to keep from hitting the net.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
FEW is the key word.
If you are watching and know what you are looking at, great.
I would say a majority doing the drill without close experienced eyes watching will push the knob out front, drag the bat down the length, to keep from hitting the net.

hitting-drills-fence-drill-baseballrox-animated.gif

hitting-drills-fence-drill-premier01-animated.gif

enforcer-disconnect.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I had never seen this drill before. I like it for hitters who get jammed easily. The goal for all hitters is to eliminate the "holes" in their swings. I will try this drill with hitters who have difficulty hitting inside pitches with authority consistency. I also like that it emphasizes the lower body, which is challenging for many softball hitters.

Thanks for sharing.

But, you like this so much....
LauBookScan002_1.jpg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rdbass ... this photo isn't of a 'swing', but more a representation of potential 'reach' (i.e., meant for a discussion on plate coverage).

My comment was for petricca413. He likes 'power V' at contact.
During a baseball or softball swing, both arms should be stiff, forming a “V” shape at impact with the ball. I call this the “Power V”. Yes, everything I teach is geared toward power. Other hitting instructors teach this type of extension, but I believe few know why it is so important. The extended arms are the culmination of the kinetic energy that began in the ground. Good extension, at the moment of impact with the ball, is like a “lightning bolt”. Bent arms at the moment of impact mean hitters are trying to guide the bat with the arms, resulting in lost power and inconsistency.
sara-e1369709873158.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207