NSA World Series in Chattanooga

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2010
A little rain would be nice. Instead it is very hot and humid with temps hovering around a hundred. I'm okay with not dragging due to dust clouds choking spectators, but some raking and field broom with lines is not too much to ask. The city of East Ridge maintains the fields but I am told this was at the direction of NSA.

Cmon NSA step it up!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You can tell the difference between people/organizations/ tournaments that ‘love’ softball and the ones that have different motivations.

Side track but we hosted a tourney this weekend and of course it rained like all get out. A Manager of a Team that was eliminated was called to see if they had some supplies handy to help us. Not only did they quickly bring supplies over to help us, they stayed and worked their butt off working on our fields.

They were happy with their compensation; they received a lot of smiles and a free Gatorade.

3sDad

Warner Park

We were there, 14s were at Warner Park and the fields couldnt be better, except for the dust which really couldnt be helped due to the dry hot conditions (yes it was HOT, but humidity wasnt very high)...

Warner / Frost was maintained by the City of Chattanooga folks who actually went way above what we're used to....KUDOs to the Maintenance guys / gals at those Parks...
Look forward to playing there again with any other sanctioning body...but not with that sanctioning body if it was free and they paid all expenses AND gave me $1000 ever ever ever again...;)

Apr 13, 2010
I heard that same things about Warner park. I guess the younger kids didn't get the same priority. What's your beef with N$A?

3sDad

I heard that same things about Warner park. I guess the younger kids didn't get the same priority. What's your beef with N$A?

If that reply was to me...pool games to long for one thing, tourney was dragged out, one day we played 1 game....but biggest problem I had...that was some of the absolute worst umpires I have ever seen. A couple were good...but there was plenty of homecooking for certain team(s).

Like I said wouldnt play N$A again if it came with a large "Thanks for Coming" check...
And Im not the only one to notice, had several parents from other States and teams say the same thing.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish