NPF championship

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The players weren't the ones that called the game off.

I still think that the major names did the league a favor by playing. Their life isn't very glamorous.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If our dd's 10, 12, or 14u world series was rained out on Sunday. I guarantee every organization wouldn't worry about our plans. Yes, I know nobody is getting rich, the owners or players, but come on, it's the championship game!

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
A real job is a job that pays the bills, year round. The NPF as it is currently constituted isn't doing that for most. Let's be realistic here, its a league w/ 4 teams. To put the blame on the players is misplaced, obviously the business model isn't working. Maybe this fiasco will prompt some change in the right direction.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
From my facebook -

Chris Hendrickson
4 minutes ago ·
It's been 24 hours and the same emotions from last night are still lingering tonight. Its a gnawing pain thats trying to fill a void. That void once had the same excitement you had as a kid waiting for Christmas. But this was for a Bandits Championship. Back to Back Championships. A third Championship.

I've read article after article about how the Bandits didnt want to play because players had commitments. Only one Pride player who had the same commitment came out and said she was willing to change her plans because this was her priority. Ironic how no one had asked the Bandits their thoughts and kudos to Michael Steuerwald for stepping up and saying the Bandits never said they wouldnt play.

It's also disheartening to think other players, former players or media would ever think or comment that the Bandits were the ones not wanting to play. All we needed was ONE win and we would be celebrating still another Championship. I dont know how someone could rationalize the Bandits not wanting to play and win in front of your home fans.

Everyone has been vocal that something has to be done. I agree. For the record this is MY personal opinion and in no way represents the thoughts and feelings of the Chicago Bandits. That being said; there was more than ample time for the commissioner, league officials along with team owners to meet and work this out during the rain delays. Maybe this was done, maybe it wasnt. My feeling is had a meeting taken place before cancelling the game and being fully aware there was no league rule all of this would have been averted.

So that leaves us how to make sure this doesnt happen in the future. I know many of you are not expecting this league to continue but I say it will but there is a lot of damage control and work ahead of all of us.

Again this is only MY opinion.
Once the playoffs start the regular season records are out the window. With only 4 teams at this point regular season only sets the championship series seeds.
Once the Championship final round starts and that means having 1 game completed then the team with the best championship record is named the Champion. For example team A sweeps the 1st round and wins game 1. Their record is 3-0. Team B won both their games in round 1 but since they lost game 1 of the Championship their record is 2-1. Sounds simple? Or is it too simple?

I've had people suggest starting the series a day earlier to have that Sunday as an in-case day. In case there is a play in game have that game start at 11:00 am Saturday, followed by game 1 of the Championship game at 3 and game 2 of the Championship at 7 pm the same night. Yes that could mean 3 games in 1 day. That's only if there is a play in game. And if the series is tied the Sunday game could be at 2:00 pm and still allow for travel plans.

These are just my ideas and you are more than welcome to comment and add your own. If you want to be disrespectful dont expect to see your thoughts. There has been enough negativity going on. Let's all join together and make this league better not only for yourselves but the young ladies who step between those white lines 42-44 times a summer.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
These are just my ideas and you are more than welcome to comment and add your own.

Where is the link to reach this Gentleman. And who exactly is he ? He hasn't said anything about them dropping the streaming.

Aug 19, 2011
Where is the link to reach this Gentleman. And who exactly is he ? He hasn't said anything about them dropping the streaming.

Just a guess: ESPN2 probably wouldn't have shown it if it had been streamed. If they're going to take the game they want all the viewers paying for their service and watching their advertisers.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Just a guess: ESPN2 probably wouldn't have shown it if it had been streamed. If they're going to take the game they want all the viewers paying for their service and watching their advertisers.

I agree with that. So the fan base that put up with the losey job all year got sold out. They need to watch SportsCanada.tv's job of the coverage of the 2012 World Championship. It was done with students. And archived still. This is where they missed the boat. If they really want to help create Fastpitch opportunities for the young girls, archived footage, would make the best teaching tool. Thankz again

2012 World Championships

If you want to see the best unknown pitcher, watch this game... see how easy this should be :{))

Netherlands vs USA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA