Womans Softball European Championship 2024

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
They have some good stuff going on with stick and ball sports (not talking cricket) in Europe. One of my DD's spent last Fall studying abroad in the Netherlands. One of her big concerns about travelling abroad was not training/developing and playing with her college teammates. She found a program through IES called Fall Ball Abroad with the Amsterdam Pirates that was exceptional in just about everyway (being a NCAA DIII athlete, competition is still restricted so no regular games). She was the only Fastpitch player that semester in the program (all the other International students were Baseball guys) and was constantly engaged with coaches, staff and other softball players from the Organization. They have a vibrant Fastpitch scene over there similar to here in the US.

My other DD's boyfriend has dual citizenship (Great Britain & US) and has played on the GB U23 Team for the last couple years and this year was invited to play on the GB Mens National Team (which lost the Championship game against Spain) in the WBSC European Series. His U23 Team earned an invite (losing to the Netherlands in the Final) to the World Championship next year in China and the Mens National team will surely be in the hunt again as well.

It's been very interesting to watch both softball and baseball on the international scene especially knowing and recognizing players who played college/Pro here in the States.

May 13, 2023
They have some good stuff going on with stick and ball sports (not talking cricket) in Europe. One of my DD's spent last Fall studying abroad in the Netherlands. One of her big concerns about travelling abroad was not training/developing and playing with her college teammates. She found a program through IES called Fall Ball Abroad with the Amsterdam Pirates that was exceptional in just about everyway (being a NCAA DIII athlete, competition is still restricted so no regular games). She was the only Fastpitch player that semester in the program (all the other International students were Baseball guys) and was constantly engaged with coaches, staff and other softball players from the Organization. They have a vibrant Fastpitch scene over there similar to here in the US.

My other DD's boyfriend has dual citizenship (Great Britain & US) and has played on the GB U23 Team for the last couple years and this year was invited to play on the GB Mens National Team (which lost the Championship game against Spain) in the WBSC European Series. His U23 Team earned an invite (losing to the Netherlands in the Final) to the World Championship next year in China and the Mens National team will surely be in the hunt again as well.

It's been very interesting to watch both softball and baseball on the international scene especially knowing and recognizing players who played college/Pro here in the States.
@Tatonka this is fantastic to have a poster share about this experience. Never know what you're going to get when post something here. 🙂👍

Luv to read any other info you have to share about that! Any feedback from your kids experience would be awesome! >>> what was it like type of stuff...

Apr 8, 2019
I watched a few games online this year. My DD has a coach who was an assistant for one of the international teams. I really enjoyed it. The play was solid, but maybe a little uneven at times, so you never knew what to expect. Also, the commentators were a couple of excited Italian guys. They were hilarious. One of the guys had a habit of yelling "Opa!" after a hard hit ball. I thought to myself, these guys should be doing the WCWS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi