Now what?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
My DD verballed Very exciting but still fell like a fish out of water with this process. Nothing is written down just phone conversations - is that the norm? She offered xyz, we accepted. Is that normal? Now she said she will let my DD know her signing date. Do we get the paperwork before hand to look it over to make sure what was promised is on it? Any guidance appreciated (as always!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2012
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Secondly, what happens next depends on a bunch of things, including her graduation year, and college athletic level (D-I,II,III,NAIA, JUCO, etc.),

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My DD verballed Very exciting but still fell like a fish out of water with this process. Nothing is written down just phone conversations - is that the norm? She offered xyz, we accepted. Is that normal? Now she said she will let my DD know her signing date. Do we get the paperwork before hand to look it over to make sure what was promised is on it? Any guidance appreciated (as always!!!)

My DD (2017) was in contact with a D3 school that she loves. A lot of back and forth very positive communications.
You posted (above)this earlier in another thread.
She offered xyz, we accepted.
If a DIII school coach can only offer a roster spot. Your 'discussion' is with the financial aide dept. That would be may next step to find out what kind of 'financial aide package' the school is offering. There isn't anything to 'sign'. If DII or above that's a different story.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2015
Ok clearly in my haste I left out a lot of important info!! She verballed with a d2 and is a senior. She did like the D3 school a lot but they weren't making moves to solidly anything. This schools as her major and fits all her needs (she did a visit last month)I have no reason not to believe things won't go as said but I guess I picture the whole process different in my head!! Very relieved that part is over !

Feb 17, 2015
USA

First off, congratulations to your DD. That is a tremendous amount of stress lifted off her shoulders and to get that kind of offer this early is awesome. Now, There 2 signing periods. There is an early signing period in November for about a week. Then there is a 2nd signing period in April. Your DD will receive the NLI through the mail and you can review it and ask questions prior to signing it. It should outline the details of the scholarship. You can hold your own signing party at your high school or travel team facility or if you are close to the college you can do it there. Sign the NLI and mail it back. Just make sure your DD is 100% committed to this school before signing. Once she signs she is locked in and committed and would need a release to transfer.

Sep 28, 2015
First off, congratulations to your DD. That is a tremendous amount of stress lifted off her shoulders and to get that kind of offer this early is awesome. Now, There 2 signing periods. There is an early signing period in November for about a week. Then there is a 2nd signing period in April. Your DD will receive the NLI through the mail and you can review it and ask questions prior to signing it. It should outline the details of the scholarship. You can hold your own signing party at your high school or travel team facility or if you are close to the college you can do it there. Sign the NLI and mail it back. Just make sure your DD is 100% committed to this school before signing. Once she signs she is locked in and committed and would need a release to transfer.

Thank you!!! Very helpful!!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

This^^^^. Early signing this year is November 9-16, regular signing period is April 12 - August 1. Most schools use Fedex, UPS or some other trackable means of sending the NLI. I know football makes a big deal out of faxing it back on the first signing day (February 1st next year), but I would think signing and sending UPS/Fedex/DHL,or scanning and emailing may be acceptable too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06