not worth bragging about but...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
DD and I were at the cages last night and she's been working really hard on some improvements to her swing every day since she's been home from college. After some warm ups we started some fast front toss mixing in some drills. After a few swings I knew she was going to have a good night. She was crushing the ball and I noticed a small group of people starting to watch her from a local college and then a couple parents came over to watch. I've never seen her hit so well even trying to throw some tough ones in from a close distance. She stopped at one point and said "Dad, what the heck's gotten into me tonight? I feel so strong!"
I just told her it must be all the hard work she's putting in (inside I was wondering what the heck happened lol). After we were done one of the guys there came over to talk to her and asked where she was playing and it ended up that he has a boy in the minors and one that played for a short time in the Orioles organization. He had a lot of good things and advice to say. Another guy said to contact him when she's in the mood to join a slow pitch team. It was a great feeling and I was so excited for her.
Anyway, if you wasted your time reading this...I appreciate it:)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
;) It's like having learned to ride a bike, once they know that they are a bad-rear hitter, they should never forget that they are a bad-rear hitter. Take that attitude to the plate, trust the training and mechanics, and you will always get your money's worth.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Confidence is strong with this one.....
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes