Power 5, D1 Athlete in the House

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Jealous!!! That was my dream as a kid but my parents couldn’t afford the lessons.

Huge congratulations to her and you - she looks ecstatic!! 😃

Thank you. My wife rode all her life, through college and coached the Emory University team. So my DD had some advantages on getting to ride horses and get "free" lessons.

I suppose if a College Softball coach had a daughter into softball, it's kind of like that.

Oct 4, 2018
Here I thought that $400 bats every year was expensive. I can't imagine a horse.

It's insane. Fortunately, my wife is super "in" with the horse community and we are able to get used stuff and borrow horses, etc. In fact, some people love that we can take their horse off their hands, win on it (thus increasing the sale price for them), and then return the horse in good health. But yes, I have a line item in my budget for "hay". :(

And look, sometimes things are on sale:
1706199802059.png

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Just a brag on my DD, who gave up a promising softball future to focus on her Equestrian dreams. After offers to UGa and UCD, she decided on TCU, the current #1 ranked program. Her visit was impressive. TCU takes care of its athletes. She's going to have a blast.
View attachment 29302

Get this. TCU doesn't have a softball team. :(. Her little sister will have to go elsewhere (if she sticks with softball)
You should made them start a softball program as part of your recruiting negotiations.

Oct 4, 2018
You should made them start a softball program as part of your recruiting negotiations.

I would, but little sister doesn't want to be in big sister's shadow. She wouldn't go to TCU even if they paid her. :p

But I was stunned to learn they didn't have a softball team. Same thing when I checked Vanderbilt last year.

Apr 20, 2017
Congratulations. I use to train and show horses and get a kick out of people talking about the expense of a bat or glove. It’s all in perspective I guess.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I would, but little sister doesn't want to be in big sister's shadow. She wouldn't go to TCU even if they paid her. :p

But I was stunned to learn they didn't have a softball team. Same thing when I checked Vanderbilt last year.
And Rice, SMU, USC just off the top of my head. All land locked.

University of St Thomas (Houston D3) is totally land locked and they started a program 2 years ago. They play and practice at the West University Softball Association fields 8 miles away. Not ideal, but they were competitive right out of the chute. Coach is a recruiting animal.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

University of St Thomas (Houston D3) is totally land locked and they started a program 2 years ago. They play and practice at the West University Softball Association fields 8 miles away. Not ideal, but they were competitive right out of the chute. Coach is a recruiting animal.
How about Miami? They have a great baseball team but no softball team.

Oct 4, 2018

Yeah, Georgia State near us uses a field about 35 minutes from their campus. Not a great solution, but it's a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles