Power 5, D1 Athlete in the House

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Just a brag on my DD, who gave up a promising softball future to focus on her Equestrian dreams. After offers to UGa and UCD, she decided on TCU, the current #1 ranked program. Her visit was impressive. TCU takes care of its athletes. She's going to have a blast.
1706117438672.png

Get this. TCU doesn't have a softball team. :(. Her little sister will have to go elsewhere (if she sticks with softball)

Oct 4, 2018
Dumb question from the uninformed: Do competitors bring her own horses with to school or does the equestrian program have horses available for them to work with?

It's a great question, one I had myself. No, they do not bring their own horses. Turns out only about 20 colleges have equestrian teams, as it takes a lot of money to have the acreage, infrastructure and the string of horses to support a team. And of course no one is buying tickets to watch college equestrian meets. That was a bit of a bummer as it limited the schools she could apply to. Softball allows our girls many more colleges to chose from. However, TCU does look like a good match to her major and ambitions. And she loved the campus, the size (10k students) feels right to her, etc.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Just a brag on my DD, who gave up a promising softball future to focus on her Equestrian dreams. After offers to UGa and UCD, she decided on TCU, the current #1 ranked program. Her visit was impressive. TCU takes care of its athletes. She's going to have a blast.
View attachment 29302

Get this. TCU doesn't have a softball team. :(. Her little sister will have to go elsewhere (if she sticks with softball)
Riff Ram Bah Zoo!
They don't have the room for a softball field...allegedly. My softball buddy played football at TCU and he had conversations with some higher ups about doing something about a softball team. Maybe, Maybe not.

His older DD who swam at TCU got married 2 summers ago at the Stockyards in Fort Worth. Guess who shows up to the reception? Super Frog!!!
1706125154148.png

May 27, 2013
View attachment 29302

Jealous!!! That was my dream as a kid but my parents couldn’t afford the lessons.

Huge congratulations to her and you - she looks ecstatic!! 😃

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles