NFHS Rule on presentation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2016
So when a pitcher stands on the rubber, glove on one side, ball on the hip on the opposite, begins a motion, in so doing the hands and ball touch and separate on the upward motion in front of or above the head, and I MEAN TOUCH, BALL DOES NOT GO IN THE GLOVE AT ALL, It's a progressive motion,NEVER IN THE GLOVE AND NO STOP, without seeing a video what would you think? NFHS Wi, WIAA

I know that rule, why they didn't enforce it for 7 innings, that team lost anyway, but it was so obvious.

The official made 1 trip to the mound maybe 2nd or 3rd inning and i know he was explaining and showing, it to both the pitcher and coach, however---

Tks for the NCAA also

If the glove and hand touched for less than 1 second or as you described, only the ball and glove touched, not hand to glove, it sounds illegal. However she doesn't have to stop her motion when hands touch.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Yes that's why i asked the question, he called it, regardless the rule written, history.

Another one happened tonight NFHS upward motion, ball and glove touch in passing, no pause,, infield official came in to demonstrate the pause, pitcher continued as had been, not a real meaningful game, so until 2 coaches decide in a championship game it probably will continue , pause, no pause, brush by.

Mar 26, 2013
OILF sent me this link for the NCAA rule interpretation that created a 2-second provision - https://sup.arbitersports.com/Groups/104484/Library/files/2016_2017_Softball_Interpretations-Pitching.pdf.

I found this clarification to it - https://sup.arbitersports.com/Groups/104484/Library/files/Rule10pitching4_1_16.pdf.

Interesting because Hoover was taking the signal while on the plate. Regardless, the clarification says to not penalize teams with a slow count. Hopefully they will incorporate the 2-second provision into the rules.

[rant]Pet peeve of mine is not incorporating interpretations like this into the actual rules. Likewise, the 1-second minimum for bringing the hands together should be stricken from rules where it's been nullified.[/rant]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles