new pitching coach need some help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2013
I discovered this forum 2 years ago. Great site! Especially all the knowledgable people willing to help others. This is my 11 year old daughter learning to pitch. I tried to teach her internal rotation based on Boardmembers threads. Any comments or recommendations are appreciated. I am working with a handful of local kids and I may post some vids of them too.[video=youtube_share;5lAA9yqe_DE]http://youtu.be/5lAA9yqe_DE[/video]

Nov 7, 2014
She is taking a large step forward with her stride foot instead of driving out.

due to that she does not get open properly.

and the follow through to the opposite shoulder tells me she is stopping IR and throwing the ball at that point probably getting her hand behind the ball to early. She thinks she can throw the ball harder than she can Pitch it. If java chimes in Or BM they will give some handy little videos that explain what I have just said. They are much better than I am. But for now visit the drive mechanics sticky and have her doing the progressions in the Classroom sticky. For right now dial back how far she is striding out the drills are much better done with minimal Footwork until she is ready to progress forward :)

Nov 7, 2014
I know from working With my 15 year old it can be Frustrating to get results. Understand at this point there is no need to rush :)

I was a little better off My DD had the IR from day 1 But was incomplete at it and still is at times.

To learn from the beginning do not jump ahead of the Progressions and let her know she is learning and there is no need at this point to try to throw hard it will come as she learns. at her age and just learning When she pitches or uses the drills Get closer to her also.
Distance plays mind tricks on a young mind the further away you are the harder they try to throw and will lose What they are working on in the first place just trying to get the ball to you in the air :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01