new pc and curve balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
DD went to see a new PC.

She is throwing harder now but still throwing curves with I/R WHILE TRAINING THE FASTBALL She is releasing late is what i am thinking...i have slowed her hand down she is IR and has her elbo is bent...i think she is missing the whip and the ball is in her hand as she is turning over...The new PC keeps saying thats what he wants to see? Curve ball spin and finish across? I think he is mistaking finish across and thinks that the spin should go the same way ..IE Curve spin... the ball is definitely curving. The new PC keeps saying thats good thats good you dont want a screw ball type spin?

When you pitch at full speed are we still looking for that screwball spin?

Im still stuck on spin. Not sure this PC is right for me!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
ken

No i dont it was just a visit to a new pc. It was curve ball spin for sure. She was throwing pretty hard and it was definitely curving. I may be new to underhand as I am a baseball guy. So i definitely know my spins. Im just confused as to why he kept saying curve ball spin is what we want? He kept saying yea she should finish across her body and have curve ball spin . I didnt argue but i know im looking for screw ball spin are we not?

Bm say 1 to 7 oclock doesnt he?

I will work on a video of spin. Dont know if my camera is good enough..she is throwing curve ball spin for sure.

She is a RH!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
I guess I'm confused. A screwball moves towards a RHB and a curve moves away.

Ken

Im not trying to throw a curve ball. Im saying her regular fastball spins like a curve ball

When trying to catch the whip with the fastball while trainging IR....what you want is a screwball spin is it not?Sorry Ken i went back and read my post, I was not clear on what I meant. I did a poor job explaining!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Ken

We are training the fastball. She is doing good with her hand/ball location and bending the elbow. And with the help of BM and Java her posture is 100 times better that just 2 weeks ago

The problem is im looking for her to give me the screwball type spin when training the fastball. Im not trying to throw a curve or a screwball. I have read on here that the spin while properly cathcing the whip should resemble screw ball spin on your fastball! She isnt doing this. Her fastball is spinning and moving like a CURVE BALL! It is actually curving whick..ok great..But thats not what Im looking for right now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd