new glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
The best way to break in a new glove is to play catch with it. Occasionally put glove conditioner on it, and when not in use, put a ball inside it and wrap it. It's really as simple as that.

Re: Barbasol, if you are spending good $$ on a glove, buy the glove conditioner that is recommended by the company that makes the glove. The conditioners are relatively inexpensive and will last a long time.

Jul 17, 2012
The best way to break in a new glove is to play catch with it. Occasionally put glove conditioner on it, and when not in use, put a ball inside it and wrap it. It's really as simple as that.

Re: Barbasol, if you are spending good $$ on a glove, buy the glove conditioner that is recommended by the company that makes the glove. The conditioners are relatively inexpensive and will last a long time.

The glove conditioner suggested by the Glove Company is ALWAYS made by that company.... and WAYYY overpriced. "Is that Magic oil? Did you buy that oil from the same guy that sold Jack his beanstalk beans?""

Jul 17, 2012
Barbasol helps but, if you can, find a sporting goods store with a glove steamer. DD took in her "game ready" (i.e. flexible as plywood) Glovesmith 1b mitt and the result was pretty miraculous.

Hmmmm Never heard of a "Glove Steamer". I'm weary because it sounds like excesive heat is still involved, along with the other detriment to leather... water. But hey.....if you've seen it work with no long term negative impact... it's worth a look.

Apr 8, 2010
Hot water and a mallet. Then play catch with it. Oil as needed with any quality glove oil (I use Glovesmith brand). Most are less than $5.

Feb 7, 2013
The glove conditioner suggested by the Glove Company is ALWAYS made by that company.... and WAYYY overpriced. "Is that Magic oil? Did you buy that oil from the same guy that sold Jack his beanstalk beans?""

We use Nokona glove conditioner and it costs maybe $5 and lasts at least 1 - 2 years. Seems like a reasonable expense to me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd