new glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
I just purchased DD's glove on the Internet sight unseen, worked out fine.

(also because of what I paid for it, it would have been OK if it did not work out)

(Same with her new bat. :) I would be embarrassed to post what redhotcoach charged me, let me just suggest if he is selling a bat jump on it quick.)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Never understood that thinking on gloves. For say twice the money (80 vs 160) you get a glove that will easily last twice as long, minimum. There is your money right there. We spend insane money on bats, uniforms, travel expenses and want to skimp on the single piece of equipment that the player will use the most? Will never understand that.

Do you have kids? It's odd how they figure out how to destroy or loose things long before that thing is worn out.

-W

Jun 21, 2010
Is everybody of the opinion that you need to try out gloves and find the one you like?

Definitely. I am anyway. I bought three catcher mitts a while back and DD picked the one she liked and I was able to send the other's back with the seller paying shipping back to them. Same with the Nokona glove she got over two years ago. Only this time I picked three highend gloves and she picked the Nokona. I figured the time was now to make this purchase. She was catching and playing the OF on a TB team. In a few years she would be in HS and I wanted to buy her something that would take into HS and hopefully to the end of her HS career. So far, the glove has been great. It's well broken in and we are sending it to Nokona to have them look it over and maybe replace the laces.

She has a ball in it when in her bag. She never throws it like all the girls on her team does. She respectfully places it on the ground inside facing down. Something her hitting coach and the local HS coach taught her years ago.

Aug 8, 2010
Do you have kids? It's odd how they figure out how to destroy or loose things long before that thing is worn out.

-W
3 daughters. Never lost a big ticket item. Batting gloves, wristbands, etc are a different story. I will say girls are rougher on their equipment than boys it seems.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
I couldnt agree more with this sentiment.

I see some of these 10U and 12U travel players with gloves that are seriously the most hand me down pieces of garbage on the field. I can understand a cheap garbage bag, but their Glove, Helmet and Bat need to be quality and fit their needs.

Once she went to the 12" ball we made the change to a 12.5" glove, and she is a little 10U at 4' 6".

Nov 1, 2008
My 16yo DD has been using the same mizuno 12.5" glove for about 4 years. She LOVES that glove. I do want to buy her a high end glove in a year or so, but I paid around $70 for it on ebay and dang has it been a good one. We just bought a mizuno for my DD's bff as an early birthday present.

Why are so many gloves black now? Most of the girls around us hate black gloves.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2013
I am looking at the Akedama's - they have a 25% off coupon out now - which series is best for a 9 year old girl? Fastpitch series?

Jul 11, 2013
We like Akadema's. The AJB74 is a great infielders glove for the price. Our experience has been so good with Akadema that we recently had a Akadema custom fastpitch glove made based on the AJB74 type glove.Leahs new glove.jpg

Jun 24, 2013
I do think it is a fuzz science, but yes I would look at the fast pitch series of gloves. A few players used DD’s glove and bought the same one.

12U DD is 5’ and is happy with a 12.5 mitt, she mostly plays infield/ pitches:

AAB 76 12.5 inch Reptilian patterns, Double Web, Open Back, Small finger Stalls, Deep Pocket. Right and left hand throw - Gloves

It says they are sold out so this is pretty much a useless post. 

I would stick to an 11.5 – 12.5, I am not sure how big your DD is and what positions she plays.

I would ask casedawg51 or BretMan, what they think they are smart.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd