Nemo's bat speed program.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Been using a swift stik the last couple of nights with our hitters to get them more swings without tiring out....have noticed the lighter weight is allowing better adjustments to the whiffles and lite flite balls....especially on the balls that are boring in on hitters....getting the hands in and through better...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I don't know about his program, but I tried to look at his web site and gave up. It just isn't too hard to make a decent website, anymore.

Nemo is a very nice 'person' .... lots of positive energy .... but he is also a bit of a salesman.

Here are some of the demos from his site .... I'll let you be the judge if this is what you might be after.

[video]http://www.speedbat.com/speedbat.htm[/video]

[video]http://www.speedbat.com/speedbat2.htm[/video]

[video]http://www.speedbat.com/speedbat3.htm[/video]

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The light bat might be fine but the triple tee and the drills that are used with it look bad. It's another tee that promotes the 'level' swing at the expense of proper tilt and plane.

Nemo's Speed Bat And Training Program

You nailed it ArmWhip.

When we turned around our program, Nemo wanted to associate himself with us. He was kind enough to make some donations. The "level tee", or "triple tee", is something we accepted out of courtesy to his kindness and then promptly shelved ... it has yet to be used. The Nemo bats however are a different story … I like these, although my use for them is not as they were intended.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't know about his program, but I tried to look at his web site and gave up. It just isn't too hard to make a decent website, anymore.

The site seems to be text-size sensitive! If you adjust the size of the screen to a larger size, the text fits in the screen and interface properly.

Oct 19, 2009
This is one of those things that they are conflicting views. We do some of both under loading and over loading but no extreme weights and not a great number of swings majority of the swings we do are with the game weight bat.

I’ve read the opinions on weighted bats, but you see many major league hitters using an overweight bat on the on deck circle. The trainers where my daughter does pitching lesson uses a device with fins attached to the bat game bat as the fins catch the wind you gain resistance they prefer it and my daughter uses it some an likes it.

In the college softball most hitters I have noticed are on deck timing the pitcher with the game bat. The data says that the lighter weight increases bat speed while a heavier bat slows down the swing. I wonder what about the psychological advantage the mind thinks after swing a heavy bat on deck that the bat is very light and thinks the swing is quicker vs using a light weight bat and in the batter’s box thinking the bat is heavy.

Kind of setting on the fence about this! :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
PEPPERS I sent you an e mail of the bat speed study we have. It's complex, but its interesting on the heavy bat and light bat , plus on deck weights. Anyone wants to see it I would have to e mail it, since it is very complex Scientific study. I will see if I can find the web page to post.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Five, what were the heavy bats you were using? The donuts don't work for the girls like they do for the guys do to the barrel size.

You nailed it ArmWhip.

When we turned around our program, Nemo wanted to associate himself with us. He was kind enough to make some donations. The "level tee", or "triple tee", is something we accepted out of courtesy to his kindness and then promptly shelved ... it has yet to be used. The Nemo bats however are a different story … I like these, although my use for them is not as they were intended.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Effect of Various Warm-Up Devices on Bat Velocity of Interco... : The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research

Here is one study. Here is one quote. Southard and Groomer (17) reported that using a bat with a larger moment of inertia not only slows down a player's swing but it also changes the batter's swing pattern. This could potentially decrease the chances of hitting successfully.

http://www.getbatspeed.com/index.html Here is another site that I found interesting and they have Bustos at 80 on bat speed.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
I agree with the "bit of a salesman" comment. I see that I know a coach at one of the colleges and a player at another, I may ask them if they do use the program.

Many of the "successful" pitching coaches are also salesmen, as are the owners of the local hitting facilities. I have nothing against salesmen and women, but their bottom line is to sell the product.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1