need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
aaedad,

Carefully and intentionally follow the chaining mechanic described in this thread starting at post #4 by BoardMember.

It will help you and your daughter understand what she should be doing. You must understand it first so try it yourself. The reason I suggest this is because you can take as much time on this as you need to get headed in the right direction. This at least would be a starting step. I can tell you it opened my eyes. I now have a 10 year old that pitched 6 innings yesterday without a walk and is throwing at about 43-44 mph game speed which is actually pretty good (I would like to tell you 50mph but then I would be exaggerating and softball dads never do that).

Aug 21, 2008
Thanks to you know who for forwarding this to me. Several things: #1. Why don't you want her finishing across the body?

SoftSocDad, I am not sure where that still is on my website. The person who created my website is no longer in my "employ" and I know very little about how to change it. (I'm actually looking for a new "webmaster" if anyone is interested in a payless job, LOL). Ok, not payless... I'll give you a sweatshirt. My point is, my prices have gone up (unfortunately).

anyway the point is still valid that there are "experts" charging obscene amounts with resume's that shine like cardboard.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks to you know who for forwarding this to me. Several things: #1. Why don't you want her finishing across the body?

SoftSocDad, I am not sure where that still is on my website. The person who created my website is no longer in my "employ" and I know very little about how to change it. (I'm actually looking for a new "webmaster" if anyone is interested in a payless job, LOL). Ok, not payless... I'll give you a sweatshirt. My point is, my prices have gone up (unfortunately).

anyway the point is still valid that there are "experts" charging obscene amounts with resume's that shine like cardboard.

Hey Bill, I will totally take you up on this offer since I want a sweatshirt anyway...lol. Seriously, John or I could update your site for you. Or, one of us could just show you how to do it.

Crystle

Apr 25, 2010
From Bill's website:

"A solo private lesson with me is $40 per hour."

I would love to hear the 'pro' instructors in this area justify the $65-70/hour they charge, aside from the fact that enough softball people - primarily the crazy parents of pitchers - are stupid enough to pay it.

And yes, I'm included in that group of stupid (although I have taken my daughter out of the academy indefinitely).

Bill's prices have definitely gone up. However, the way we justify it is this is one instance where you get what you pay for. Most of the instructors in our area charge about $15/hr but the girls who go to them for lessons are the ones who have a sore arm after about 3 innings. Sure, they throw pretty hard for 12yo, but they all have 1 pitch.... fast/flat. So.... put me among the stupid parents...lol. I will gladly pay it because we feel like we got the best.

Feb 6, 2009
My DD swims out with her glove arm too. It's taking power away because she's closing her top half too soon. So, we're doing a few things. 1. on her wrm ups, making sure she's pointing glove hand up and toward catcher. 2. Whenout side, her pitching coach stands to her side and uses a pool noodle in front of her to make her reach to hit the noodle with the glove. 3. We pitch all winter in the basement. I have hung something in front of her so she has to hit it with her glove on each pitch.

Jul 9, 2010
You can explain it to her by telling her that her top and bottom are fighting each other - they are going different directions at the same time. If she can get them to agree, her accuracy will increase quite a bit.

Of, that's a kid's version of what everyone else said above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877