need help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2010
How can i solve this problem, she comes across her body every pitch and its getting worse, and other suggestions?

Attachments

• 156..jpg
    156..jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 162..jpg
    162..jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 105
Sep 10, 2010
no its not distorted, shes coming out sideways, she is very effective with a drop but cant throw a fastball to save her life , evrything wants to sail high and to the right of the catcher...stride length looks ok....

May 7, 2008
no its not distorted, shes coming out sideways, she is very effective with a drop but cant throw a fastball to save her life , evrything wants to sail high and to the right of the catcher...stride length looks ok....

in rear view pic her hip is closed/closing way before her hand is past the hip. In order for the ball to get around her hip its got go out and around. if the hand goes ot and around the follow throughwill go where the front pic shows and the pitch will go high and outside just like you see

its abck to fundamentals keeping the glvoe hand in some sort of control, keeping the hips open. back to basics mechanics training

Sep 10, 2010
her hand does come out when i view from front...we recently moved and her pitching coach is no where near, what do i need to do to correct this, could this kindve release cause arm fatigue, can any one recommend someone in the austin, tx area that teaches, I had heard of a place in Liberty Hill...

Mar 13, 2010
Having her glove hand be straight up in front of her is a great idea.

Also try having her do her hand in a fist at the end of the motion should straighten it out as well. You don't want to change her follow up too much, unless it is affecting her accuracy, which it sounds like it is.

Jun 13, 2009
Lawdawg, I concur. I would take it one step further and say they should go see Hillhouse, he goes to Dallas once per month. Check out <www.houseofpitching.com> or Home Page The Texas one is where they can sign up for lessons in the DFW area.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Without seeing her entire throwing motion, it looks like the issue is caused by the hip rotation. I believe she is closing too soon. If you look at her hand at the 9 oclock position, she is sideways on the ball. That is a clear indication of pulling the ball around her hips. I would practice her pitching from an atheletic position, facing 3rd base. Put a line around a ball and throw every day, concentrating on clearing the hip and rotating the ball properly.

May 25, 2010
2 words - "Hillhouse video."

From Bill's website:

"A solo private lesson with me is $40 per hour."

I would love to hear the 'pro' instructors in this area justify the $65-70/hour they charge, aside from the fact that enough softball people - primarily the crazy parents of pitchers - are stupid enough to pay it.

And yes, I'm included in that group of stupid (although I have taken my daughter out of the academy indefinitely).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877