Need Elbow Pad Suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Don

Mar 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
I have a 14 yo daughter who had surgery in December to repair a broken arm. She now has a plate permanently in the upper part of her arm, down to her elbow, and she is just now starting to practice again. Her doctor recommended that we look at getting her an elbow pad for when she is batting.

We've looked at a few, one from Easton and one from Mizuno, which are supposedly one size fits all. My DD is 5'1, and everything we tried was too big, even adjusted to their smallest size. Has anyone had any experience with an elbow protector for a 14 year old girl? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Don

May 7, 2008
My daughter uses the evoshield elbow guard. She has small arms and the evoshield is made to be custom molded to fit any arm size. She has worn it for over a year now and really likes it. Not bulky at all. Here is web: evoshield.com

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My DD is small too. We have struck out at a couple times looking for equipment in her size at some major sports stores. For whatever reason we have had good luck at Target finding things in her size.

Jan 2, 2011
Does she use the Adult version or the Youth version also mentioned on that page?

Don it is the Adult #BABE50L. She is pretty skinny and it fits her well. I imagine the youth size would of fit her good also but we didn't have that option, the store that we got it from only carried the Adult size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi