NCAA field announced - SEC, Pac 12 dominate seeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Big 10 DOMINATION this year:

Michigan 15, Louisiana-Lafayette 1; Michigan 3, Kentucky 0; Michigan 9, UCLA 4; Michigan 3, Arizona 0; Michigan 3, Texas 1; Michigan 9, Louisville 1

Minnesota 1, LSU 0; Minnesota 11, South Carolina 4; Minnesota 3, Arizona State 2; Minnesota 1, South Carolina 0

Nebraska 4, Florida State 3; Nebraska 7, Oklahoma 2; Nebraska 2, Washington 1; Nebraska 3, Texas A&M 2

Wisconsin 7, Arizona 5; Wisconsin 4, Louisville 1

Northwestern 4, Washington 2

As you can clearly see, when it came to seeding, the Big 10 was CLEARLY robbed. These non cherry picked scores speak for themselves!! Did the PAC 10 win ANY nonconference games this year??

Mar 26, 2013
Calm down Olaf - I simply answered your question. The RPI is flawed and their poll rankings do not support their seeding.
Easy there, Spicoli. I was just making a point about the RPI.
That's bogus duuude, how did you know who I am? Are you with the NSA - Northern Snowmen Assoc? lol

And JJ you don't see Midwestern girls on Pac-10 rosters because our girls want to win national championships, and the Pac-10 or 12 or whatever is FINISHED!! Finished, I say!!!
The PAC shall rise again! This is THEIR YEAR!

16U PGF winner was from Chicago. Third place was from Minnesota. A new dawn has broken. It's our time!
We had to throw one or else you'd think it's rigged. I'll let you in on a secret - the So Cal Athletics are NOT going to win 18HS Premier again this year. The championship game will be OC Batbusters over Beverly Bandits. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

We say "Once is luck, twice is a coincidence and three times is skill." You have a ways to go yet...

Now excuse me while I take my DD out for batting practice. Well... maybe tomorrow. 42 and rainy right now.
LOL The best laid plans of mice and snowmen...

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I don't see why the south is getting a pass here. If Olaf and Spicoli are fair game then Cletis and Bubba need to be put in the mix. The SEC got favorite child status all year in the RPI. I watched a bunch of games and was not terribly impressed if I wasn't watching Al or Georgia, FSU is also overrated. Lacey Waldrop gets too much credit given the lollipop schedule they play.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I don't see why the south is getting a pass here. If Olaf and Spicoli are fair game then Cletis and Bubba need to be put in the mix. The SEC got favorite child status all year in the RPI. I watched a bunch of games and was not terribly impressed if I wasn't watching Al or Georgia, FSU is also overrated. Lacey Waldrop gets too much credit given the lollipop schedule they play.

Some great feuds going on here, it's fun. Regardless of the DFP folks who will be correct and those whose predictions will not be correct, I'm looking forward to some great softball and wonder who the Cinderellas will be. I hate to say this being an Arizona fan, but if Arizona squeaks out of their regional, they won't go far in the supers because they don't have the pitching depth.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Minnesota will have to beat Auburn to make it out of their region, assuming they take care of North Dakota State and Green Bay. If they play each other we may have to wager a beer on the outcome! LOL

North Dakota State actually has a player from North Dakota to complement their 9 players from California. :)

Jan 25, 2011
North Dakota State actually has a player from North Dakota to complement their 9 players from California. :)
Makes you wonder how many of those California girls go back to their state after seeing what true freedom is all about after leaving one of those nanny states.:cool:

Mar 26, 2013
Charleston Southern is going to the NCAA tourney for the first time this year with 8 from CA, 4 NC, 3 VA and ZERO SC.

Makes you wonder how many of those California girls go back to their state after seeing what true freedom is all about after leaving one of those nanny states.:cool:
Interesting question... I know one Northwestern player that is staying in the Chitown area, so that shouldn't count in your book.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
to be fair to Nano...I would love to live somewhere else where I didn't have to put up with a lot of the BS....but I could never give up living next to the Pacific in a state with warmish water. I am pretty sure most of our girls that go east for college eventually come home just to live near the ocean.

My favorite bone to pick is that we are in a severe drought....yet we live next to the biggest body of water in the friggin world....desalination has been viable for decades but getting it going is insanely difficult because the coastal commission seems to be the most powerful agency in the world and god forbid the Pacific coast crap crab loses some habitat....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321