NCAA field announced - SEC, Pac 12 dominate seeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Louisiana-Lafayette is a top 8 seed. Lowly Purdue tied them and Michigan beat them 15-1. 15-1!!
That's because of their high RPI. Too bad the Big Ten doesn't get to play them...

This is the Big 10's year. No doubt in my mind.
JJ's right, they're not going to do as well as last year. Seeing where they ranked last week on RPI, I was figuring 2 would win their region and only 1 would make it to WCWS. Looking at the brackets now, odds are none will make it to OKC. Michigan at #24 actually has the best route because they don't have to go through any of the top 5.

The great thing about the tourney is a couple of teams will beat the odds and make it to OKC. Last year it was #11 Mizzou and #14 Neb - and they're in the same regional this year. Who will it be this year?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I also think the Minnesota v. Wisconsin Super Regional will be VERY fun to watch - probably like a football atmosphere. Go Gophers.

Minnesota will have to beat Auburn to make it out of their region, assuming they take care of North Dakota State and Green Bay. If they play each other we may have to wager a beer on the outcome! LOL

Sep 18, 2011
That's because of their high RPI. Too bad the Big Ten doesn't get to play them...

Yes, those Ragin Cajuns play a brutally difficult schedule, hence their high RPI. I mean 40 games against the likes of Lamar, Georgia State, Texas State, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, Troy and I think several jucos and high school teams. Wow. THAT is impressive!! Oh, and how could i forget UT Arlington?? And by god they also had to play several games against ULM. Not ULM, too!!! My goodness how did they survive that schedule, and, um, who exactly is ULM?? Not like the Gophers who had such an easy schedule whipping up on ASU. Michigan, South Carolina (TWICE), Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Northwestern.

And have you noticed that these southern and west coast schools NEVER travel TO Big 10 country?? You ALWAYS get the home field advantage or the games get played on a neutral field. So the Gophers traveled TO Tempe. But they still took care of business. Hey UCLA - have the guts to schedule a non-conference home and home series with Michigan. Arizona - come to Minnesota!! Cowards. Total frauds. All 5 BIG 10 schools will win their regions. All 5.

And JAD - Auburn won't even get the chance to play Minnesota. North Dakota State is going to beat them. TWICE!!!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
And have you noticed that these southern and west coast schools NEVER travel TO Big 10 country?? You ALWAYS get the home field advantage or the games get played on a neutral field. So the Gophers traveled TO Tempe. But they still took care of business. Hey UCLA - have the guts to schedule a non-conference home and home series with Michigan. Arizona - come to Minnesota!! Cowards. Total frauds. All 5 BIG 10 schools will win their regions. All 5.

And JAD - Auburn won't even get the chance to play Minnesota. North Dakota State is going to beat them. TWICE!!!

Southern and West Coast weather >>>>> Big 10 weather.....enough said!

Mar 26, 2013
Minnesota will have to beat Auburn to make it out of their region, assuming they take care of North Dakota State and Green Bay. If they play each other we may have to wager a beer on the outcome! LOL
It's a moot point because Wisc isn't getting past Oregon. WI is playing well, but they're not at that level. I expect Minnie will be more formidable for Oregon.

There are additional opportunities for the other conferences to earn some respect against the SEC and PAC.
- Big Ten:
- - Minn vs Auburn and then Oregon
- - Nebraska vs Mizzou and then AL
- - Mich vs ASU (how was Mich seeded lower than Northwestern?)
- - Northwestern vs Washington (really a depth match-up as neither one really represents the best of their conference)

- Sun Belt: ULL vs TX and then AZ/LSU; So. AL vs AL

- ACC: FSU vs SoCar and then ASU/Mich; NC St vs GA; Notre Dame vs UCLA

- American: UCF vs FL; Louiville vs AZ and LSU

- A-Sun: Lipscomb vs TN; USC Upstate vs AL

- Colonial: J.Madison vs KY and then UCLA

- C-USA: Tulsa vs Baylor and then GA

Mar 26, 2013
Yes, those Ragin Cajuns play a brutally difficult schedule, hence their high RPI. I mean 40 games against the likes of Lamar, Georgia State, Texas State, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, Troy...
Calm down Olaf - I simply answered your question. The RPI is flawed and their poll rankings do not support their seeding.

And have you noticed that these southern and west coast schools NEVER travel TO Big 10 country?? You ALWAYS get the home field advantage or the games get played on a neutral field. So the Gophers traveled TO Tempe. But they still took care of business. Hey UCLA - have the guts to schedule a non-conference home and home series with Michigan. Arizona - come to Minnesota!! Cowards. Total frauds.
LMFAO - stay home then. You guys b!tched and moaned for months about your weather - and now you b!tch because teams don't travel up there. I guess misery does love company. No thanks...

All 5 BIG 10 schools will win their regions. All 5.
If all 5 B1G teams win their regional, I will add a signature line that says "29dad is a genius! I bow to whatever he says."
If not, you have to add one saying "I'm a hopeless B1G fanatic unable to think rationally about them."

Feb 7, 2013
I said at the beginning of the season that is it the PAC 12's year to dominate the WCWS. With Dallas, Ally, and Cheridan anchoring these top teams, solid defense, and huge bats, good luck to the other conferences, they are going to need it :)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Yes, those Ragin Cajuns play a brutally difficult schedule, hence their high RPI. I mean 40 games against the likes of Lamar, Georgia State, Texas State, Sam Houston State, McNeese State, Troy and I think several jucos and high school teams. Wow. THAT is impressive!! Oh, and how could i forget UT Arlington?? And by god they also had to play several games against ULM. Not ULM, too!!! My goodness how did they survive that schedule, and, um, who exactly is ULM?? Not like the Gophers who had such an easy schedule whipping up on ASU. Michigan, South Carolina (TWICE), Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Northwestern.

They travel to big 10 country. They will be travelling to OKC pretty soon to collect some hardware. Right about the time that MN goes from tundra to humid swampland they west coast girls will be romping through levelland and reminding everyone why they have soooo many softball championships. They will also get a chance to say hi to all of their TB teammates that litter the rosters of all the other teams. Still looking for all those midwestern natives on the PAC-10 rosters btw.

Sep 18, 2011
Calm down Olaf - I simply answered your question. The RPI is flawed and their poll rankings do not support their seeding.

Easy there, Spicoli. I was just making a point about the RPI.

And JJ you don't see Midwestern girls on Pac-10 rosters because our girls want to win national championships, and the Pac-10 or 12 or whatever is FINISHED!! Finished, I say!!! 16U PGF winner was from Chicago. Third place was from Minnesota. A new dawn has broken. It's our time! Now excuse me while I take my DD out for batting practice. Well... maybe tomorrow. 42 and rainy right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG