My favorite hitting drill is.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
drill

Favorite hitting drill and it's purpose (what issues can it help resolve). Let's hear them....
Since you are talking drills. .. my favorite, and more importantly, my DD's, is the HG DRILL/Walk up Drill. It is great for creating a good sequence. You can also do the drill while working on other areas of focus. For instance. .. High tee/low tee; I can have her focus on turning the barrel, etc... The lower half seems to do it's job without thinking, so you can focus on other areas if necessary, or you can focus on the feel if the lower half.
One of the great things for me was to see what happens naturally for her, and then make that part of her game swing. For instance, she used to start with a high elbow, but she never did it while doing this drill (or self toss) so we changed it and it's so much smoother now.

Dec 4, 2013
I did bouncing front toss with foam balls today, with hitters loading on the bounce. Tennessee coaches seem really high on it. Went really well, def recommend it for those who don't use it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Drills breaking down a swing? None. If hitting oppo with front toss is a drill, then that is my fav.

Oct 19, 2009
I did bouncing front toss with foam balls today, with hitters loading on the bounce. Tennessee coaches seem really high on it. Went really well, def recommend it for those who don't use it.

DD went to a hitting clinic a few years ago and 2 former Vol’s players had a hitting station where they were bouncing tennis balls into the hitters strike zone; they advised that the drill helped hitters to adjust to change ups.

I believe my favorite drill is the matrix-drill it works on the complete swing from sequence to extension to finish.

My next favorite is tee work hitting balls in all 9 hitting zones and working outside the zones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red