What are your favorite pitching drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2020
I'm looking for drills for my dd to do. We are using a new facility now and I want to change things up a bit. What are your favorite pitching drills and why? Post a short video or link to show the drill.

Jan 25, 2022
It's not a drill per se, but passing with a spin-rite spinner has made a big difference for kids Ive worked with (not a lot). My daughter spends 5-10 minutes with it at most practices and her fastball spin has improved drastically. I'm looking forward to using it for more specific work when the time comes.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Pitch and fetch. We would finish the session with it. She would pitch. Then run to get the ball from me, run back and pitch again. There would be a time limit from when the ball hit
My glove to when she went into her normal routine. We would do this 10-12 times in a row. Kept track of balls and strikes.

This taught her to pitch while tired and simulated pitching under stress (heart beating fast, sweating, tired…)

Jan 25, 2022
Pitch and fetch. We would finish the session with it. She would pitch. Then run to get the ball from me, run back and pitch again. There would be a time limit from when the ball hit
My glove to when she went into her normal routine. We would do this 10-12 times in a row. Kept track of balls and strikes.

This taught her to pitch while tired and simulated pitching under stress (heart beating fast, sweating, tired…)

That's an interesting one. I like simulating game situations, noise, etc. HC was gone so I ran a practice one day with the P.A. blaring and the girls wearing foam earplugs. It was a disaster for a few minutes, then they started to rely on their eyes, signaling, pointing, and thinking as opposed to counting on someone to tell them where to go. If I ever have a HC position again it'll be done at least once a week. I'd love to get an idea of the long term benefits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802