My DD and my step-d filmed themsleves on their Iphones yesterday without me out there

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2013
My DD is the blonde 10U 5'1 86 lbs, she was swinging 31-19 Mendoza during Tee-work and 31-21 CF5 once but when its cool out I dont let her swing it. I'm gonna post the links to them hitting, and any feedback good or bad I need it. It was good to see them go out there without me telling them to. I'm gonna link them now and looking foward to hearing responses, like things I can tell her and my step=daughter to work on. I played Makenzies 1st round of the Tee from the side on youtube and some of her swings looked great to me, but I'm new to coaching this sport, baseball guy here, well former baseball guy. Thanks in advance guys or ladies!!

10U Makenzie Tee work w/o supervision - YouTube she swinging the Mendoza here

10U Makenzie Tee work from back - YouTube they moved the tee to the outside corner spot and I dont think the realized its supposed to oppo, trying to pull em, no good, she is swinging CF5 in this one

10U Makenzie Tee work round 2 - YouTube She couldnt get the ball to stay on tee, they kinda broke it and had to cut it with a knife.
The next video is of my step dd, she hasnt played in two years and to me she is opening her front side, shoulder waay to early, and is wrapping her bat toward the pitcher instead of loading, I need to get it fixed before season starts

10U Kaelie Tee work with Makenzie no supervision - YouTube

Biggest thing and this is not them this is just about everyone I see working off of a tee; count the number of swings you take off a tee in a minute while doing your tee work and cut it in half. Everyone wants to get up there and just start swinging, every swing needs to being taken correctly (or as correctly as they know how) and with a purpose.

Now to their actual swings the biggest thing and as a baseball guy you know this is you have to engage your lower half. both swings are very arms only upper body type swings, they night have a little rotation but not much and not sequenced correctly. If you are a baseball guy do not be afraid to teach them how to swing; I am not (nor are many on this board) believers in a "softball swing" a good sound mechanical swing is good in baseball or softball.

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks, thats what I was wondering as I am a baseball guy, if the swings are different. I will teach the same way I tteach the correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole