Most recent 13 Y.O. DD swing any ideas on what to work on.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Looks short and sweet. Is she making a lot of contact? If so, work on getting more top/bottom seperation before launch. I like to see more weight transfer(getin' off that back foot and into the ball). If she doesnt make a lot of contact keep what you have and work on hand/eye(front toss, p-machine work). Keep up the good work and have fun!

*Disclaimer: I have no credentials. I am nobody.

(Insert gratuitous miguel Cabrera swing gif here)

Last edited:
May 13, 2013
Looks short and sweet. Is she making a lot of contact? If so, work on getting more top/bottom seperation before launch. I like to see more weight transfer(getin' off that back foot and into the ball). If she doesnt make a lot of contact keep what you have and work on hand/eye(front toss, p-machine work). Keep up the good work and have fun!

*Disclaimer: I have no credentials. I am nobody.

(Insert gratuitous miguel Cabrera swing gif here)

She does make a lot of contact. Rarely strikes out great contact hitter. Would like to get a little more bat speed out of her. I shortened up her stride a little bit cause she was overstriding And flexing the front knee. She's come a long way.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Sounds good. The tricky part is geting a good stride and still getting that stiff front side. Its alot of moving parts timed just right. Like you know, lunging is bad. The stiff front side should release just after contact to bent knee...which will help get them out of the box and down the line.

The guys will be here to help in a few.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
IS4, I receive the following message when I attempt to view the video ... "The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Front foot pointed where you want to place the ball, & back foot off the ground @ contact... JMHO :cool:

Swing.gif

Last edited:
May 13, 2013
Thanks perfect, that pretty much all you see that could make it better. I agree with you on getting up on that back toe. You think that Will increase her power a little.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I'm still working on feet first w/ my DD. She has proved to me & herself, that where she points the lead foot, that's where the ball goes... Her furthest hits are when the back foot is off the ground...

IS4AU... I'm hoping that by getting your clip into a .gif, you could get feedback from the HeavyHitter's on here... :cool: