Most durable top of the line bat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
People talk all the time about which top of the line bat is the hottest. My question is which one is the most durable. My DD thinks her ghost is the hottest, I would like something durable for a back up when it breaks and to use hitting in the cage.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The most durable fastpitch bat is the Anderson Rocketech, hands down. However, it is not for everybody because it is an M1 Abrams tank, and it is very stiff. Many would also say it's not a top-of-the-line bat because it has an aluminum sleeve wall, but it is a phenomenal cold weather and cage bat. You need to be ready for it to be overweight by a lot. My 33-24 weighed in at 25.8 ounces.

If you're talking about the most durable composite bat, it's probably the Demarini CF. I rarely see a cracked barrel on the CF. The Power Carbon also has an excellent track record for durability. The Marucci Echo Connect is durable but doesn't have the same market penetration as some other bats. Lastly, the Xeno has a good track record for durability.

The question is subjective, though. Many bats break not because they're made poorly but because of bad contact. It's like a wood bat in MLB. You rarely see a broken bat on a pitch a player barrels up. It's always a jam shot or something off the end of the bat. Also, these bats all have different swing weights and feel, so a girl who loves a Ghost Unlimited will most likely not like a CF and vice versa.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019
The question is subjective, though. Many bats break not because they're made poorly but because of bad contact. It's like a wood bat in MLB. You rarely see a broken bat on a pitch a player barrels up. It's always a jam shot or something off the end of the bat. Also, these bats all have different swing weights and feel, so a girl who loves a Ghost Unlimited will most likely not like a CF and vice versa.
"It's subjective" is absolutely right. I spent hours trying to figure out what would be a durable bat. I tried a PC (-9 )and DD literally broke it in a day. Exasperated, I impulse bought a Ghost (-10). If you read the online comments, you'd think they were made out of glass, but she's been using it for over a year with no issues.

Has anyone tried a single piece bat? It makes sense to me that they should be more durable. But I've been consistently wrong on this topic.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
"It's subjective" is absolutely right. I spent hours trying to figure out what would be a durable bat. I tried a PC (-9 )and DD literally broke it in a day. Exasperated, I impulse bought a Ghost (-10). If you read the online comments, you'd think they were made out of glass, but she's been using it for over a year with no issues.

Has anyone tried a single piece bat? It makes sense to me that they should be more durable. But I've been consistently wrong on this topic.
Yes, my daughters have used the Echo and Unlimited. They removed the handle-breaking issues, but my girls didn't like the stiff feel. The FNX wasn't a true one-piece bat, but it was just as rigid and didn't crack.

I will admit I see a lot of Ghost warranty claims, but then I also see my older daughter's 2020 DS Ghost still going strong after thousands of swings. She has a gorgeous swing and doesn't swing at a lot of bad pitches, so maybe the fact she tends to make solid contact has helped the bat's durability.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

One piece bats are regularly more durable...you are taking one part of the issue out of the mix. No connection. But you will
also feel mishits much worse which most girls hate to feel nowadays.

May 20, 2015
It always the case because the girl is swinging her correct weight :)

haha i remember when the old teal demarini sprite (-11) was THE bat back when my eldest was in 10u......then first year of 12u they all started breaking them.......

i had a few week stretch where i sold like 5 of them used on ebay.......all of them out of warranty, all of them fetched within $20 of what we had paid Core for them lol

Dec 2, 2019
haha i remember when the old teal demarini sprite (-11) was THE bat back when my eldest was in 10u......then first year of 12u they all started breaking them.......

i had a few week stretch where i sold like 5 of them used on ebay.......all of them out of warranty, all of them fetched within $20 of what we had paid Core for them lol
Those bats are still in high demand.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

The Spryte is a -12 bat that replaced the Vendetta. We did the same thing with the Vendetta. My daughter would use it against the faster pitching to try and increase her bat speed, but it never seemed to help. We never broke one, though. We would up giving them away to our local LL a few years back, and my daughter said she saw one last spring at the field when she was umpiring. I'm glad to see it didn't go to waste.Screenshot_20230210_094951_Brave.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad