More funny than brag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
The brag posts here reminds me of a funny story. At one of my DD's high school games we were sitting down the right field line not far from our dugout and a man set up fairly close to us but even closer to the dugout. He was cheering for certain girls really loud when they did something including my DD. Well my DD hit her first over the fence homerun in high school ball and I yell to my wife get some video. She is digging for her phone and cannot find it and yells "Ahh sh&t!!" And I hear the man kind of laugh.

Anyway my DD gets back to the dugout and the man says to my DD something like that was a great homerun!! And my DD replies Thank you Reverend Hughes. It was her biblical ethics teacher and we just did not recognize him in casual clothes.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Funny. One must realize that ministers are not cloistered, and have a better idea of the real world than one might think.

I remember when my late grandmother went into a church based nursing home in OK City. They wouldn't allow alcohol in the common areas because they didn't want the retired ministers to see people drinking. Like the ministers didn't already know?

Great job for your DD. I am sure her parents will be forgiven.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32