more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So, I have come up with the results:

Florida coach gets 67.3% of the blame. It would be 58.9, but I added some because his sorry-not-sorry was a bit un-chivalrous.
Auburn coach gets 11.2% of the blame. That can drop to 5.7% if he gives exactly the punishment that will satisfy DFP posters.
Player gets 19.5% of the blame.

That leaves 2%. I'll give 1.5% to ESPN for having that on camera, 0.2% for DFP for too long a thread, and 0.3% to the first person to disagree with these numbers.

There. Problem solved.

I will reserve my comments until Vegas posts the over/under are your numbers. :)

Feb 17, 2014
Did some of you guys watch the same video I did? She flips out because after she pushes him back Florida players start jawing with her and she starts jawing back. Then, people start to restrain her when she tries to confront them. I think she's completely wrong and should have handled it differently but to say her actions weren't provoked is kind of crazy.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
So making a bad play is losing your cool, ok got it. Doing what you did the previous two days is losing your cool, got it. Responding when someone intentionally makes unwanted physical contact with you is losing your cool, ok having a hard time with this one, but if you say so. Responding with emotion ok that is losing your cool, should she should have been cold and robotic like the rest of us. Pushing someone because you don't like them not giving you a hi five is not losing your cool. Wow how enlightening. :confused:

Losing your cool will lead to making errors, you have to know that. If a player is so twisted off that she won't high five the opposing coach, odds are her head aint in the game.

Coach should have just walked by with his hand in the air and not high fived her shoulder. High fiving someone's shoulder is very bad. He messed up. Now everytime there is a awkward high five this will come up, people will look back and see that she wouldn't high five him, they will see that he kicked her sisters off the team for dressing as a Seminole and everyone will relive it.

There is a difference between acting cold/robotic and professional.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Did some of you guys watch the same video I did? She flips out because after she pushes him back Florida players start jawing with her and she starts jawing back. Then, people start to restrain her when she tries to confront them. I think she's completely wrong and should have handled it differently but to say her actions weren't provoked is kind of crazy.

Have said the game is looking more like WWE with all of the bogus officiating. But that reminded me of an episode of COPS or the Jerry Springer show. :) NCAA and SEC really need to drain the swamp. (NPI)

Feb 7, 2013
Neither of them is innocent here, but the fact is Coach Walton apologized and she is continuing to act like a victim and a spoiled brat. I hope she catches one in her ear hole next game, or one of them big ol Gators knocks her on her butt!!

This statement illustrates one of the problems. If someone "disrespects" you, resort to violence. Sad....you should NEVER intentionally throw a pitch at someone's head.

Dec 11, 2010
"High fiveing someone's shoulder is very bad."

LOL. Illegal in 49 states I'm sure. I'm shocked and appalled. Which usually means I was looking for something to be shocked and appalled about.

Side note: Was Walton coming from a Patrick Murphy look alike contest? The glasses and goatee are killing me.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
We need DFP's newly self-appointed odds-maker to establish the official betting line on this! Get to work Bob-in-M

Well. the publicity has changed the odds.

IF there were no publicity, the odds of either of them being punished would be pi 3.14159265359%
With the publicity, the odds of one or both being punished are pi times the radius of the softball squared.

Isn't that obvious? DUH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom