more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
So you act improperly twice and nothing happens, then the 3rd time it blows up in your face. But it shouldn't matter because you did the same thing twice and nothing happened? That is how foolish behavior works. It usually does not matter the first or second time, but somewhere down the line it bites you in the butt.
Foolish, maybe. Improper. Perhaps. But people are acting like she did something unheard of. My goodness she didn't high 5 a grown man. Big deal. If her coach cared it would haven't happened a second time. But obviously it wasn't that big of a deal until a grown man decided to shove her. He should know better and he brought all the bad attention to the game and the program. His over reaction is to blame.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Neither of them is innocent here, but the fact is Coach Walton apologized and she is continuing to act like a victim and a spoiled brat. I hope she catches one in her ear hole next game, or one of them big ol Gators knocks her on her butt!!

Apology? That was no apology. He lied to save face.

And any parent who advocates a player "catches one in the ear hole" or get run by another player should really think twice about the game and the risk his dd runs every time she enters the batters box. When we start to act like violence is a reasonable response. Well then I guess we get coaches shoving players because their feelings got hurt.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Foolish, maybe. Improper. Perhaps. But people are acting like she did something unheard of. My goodness she didn't high 5 a grown man. Big deal. If her coach cared it would haven't happened a second time. But obviously it wasn't that big of a deal until a grown man decided to shove her. He should know better and he brought all the bad attention to the game and the program. His over reaction is to blame.

You used the term grown man twice. But let's not forget that she is a grown woman, not a little girl. Together, behaving like rear hats they turned a nationally televised game into Trailer Park Dinner Theater. It is also important to note that based on their positions relative to hers, it is plausible that that her coaches had no idea what had transpired in the previous two games. One of their actions may or may not be more egregious than the other, but there is simply no excuse for the behavior of either party.

Feb 3, 2016
I was talking about this entire ordeal tonight with someone who actually knows this entire saga from the beginning. What I learned is some people just don't like taking responsibility for actions and that blood will support and defend each other no matter what. I don't plan on posting all the particulars I learned but if this was in the workplace you'd be fired for the behavior and the teammates not involved helped with the decision making process on the dismissals. As far as the video the other day only those involved will ever only know deep down the intent. Turn the page, turn the cheek or move on.

Usually any news about Softball is welcomed but maybe not in this case.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Here is the video:

watched this one over and over and in slow mo several times. TW didn't look happy IMO she put her hand down. Just IMO and at this point anyone can probably draw their own opinion......
But I think this was built up going into game 3. Of course, who knows.

Good video grab KnightsB as always!!!!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Lastly, I want to give props to 4 girls dad who now most likey owns the record for the most posts in the shortest amount of time on a post!!!!! If we ever meet I will buy you a beer or more!!

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Is there evidence to the contrary?? Have I missed an apology somewhere? If so, I will retract my statement, because I have seen a public apology from Coach. All I have seen from her is the continuous liking of tweets relating to her being a victim, and how her "fans" want to kick Coach Walton's rear.

I could have missed something, please let me know where I have, so I can fix it.

Ok, so you are going with the guilty until proven innocent thought process.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
so my fields are still below anywhere from 2-8" of frozen white stuff, and there could be anywhere from 2-10" coming friday night

what's all your excuses? lol

All out of excuses. We just finished game 28 of the high school season last night with a W. Game 29 is today at 5p!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
And if there is not alreagy enough drama surrounding the Auburn softball program with the Walton/Fagan incident, Corey Myers just abruptly resigned "to spend more time with his family"...rumors on the Auburn message boards are not good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp